Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Haynes Manual Equivalent?

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  ratster 
#1 ·
Have had one for all my vehicles, and really enjoyed them. However there isn't one for 2004+ TJs or LJs. Is there a book/manual that is the equivalent that anyone would recommend?

#5 ·
One thing I really like about the CD version of the FSM is that it's searchable. Also, since it's in PDF format, I can print out any page(s) I want and not worry if it gets covered with oil... :thumbsup:

#9 ·
robncar said:
One thing I really like about the CD version of the FSM is that it's searchable. Also, since it's in PDF format, I can print out any page(s) I want and not worry if it gets covered with oil... :thumbsup:
That's a huge feature. Every book/catalog in my garage is so dirty I'm not allowed to bring them into the house anymore. Plus, you'll likely never need half the info in there, so being able to print out what you need is nice.

#10 ·
djt283 said:
That's a huge feature. Every book/catalog in my garage is so dirty I'm not allowed to bring them into the house anymore. Plus, you'll likely never need half the info in there, so being able to print out what you need is nice.
I have the .pdf version too but never... not even once... have the pages I printed out ahead of time been all the pages I ended up needing in the garage... necessitating I open up the manual anyway or get grease all over my keyboard. I've entirely stopped using my .pdf manual since I never really cared if I got grease on the pages of my printed FSM. It's just easier and faster to thumb through a book than it is to try and find something that isn't always easily found in the online index :)

#12 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
I have the .pdf version too but never... not even once... have the pages I printed out ahead of time been all the pages I ended up needing in the garage... necessitating I open up the manual anyway or get grease all over my keyboard. I've entirely stopped using my .pdf manual since I never really cared if I got grease on the pages of my printed FSM. It's just easier and faster to thumb through a book than it is to try and find something that isn't always easily found in the online index :)
those are kind of my thoughts. Thank you all for the input, but i'll probably be ordering one. I appreciate the pm's as well.

#13 ·
the only thing i like about the haynes is that its a little more blue-collar termed,i found the fsm on my subaru and my f-150 to be a little more on the technical side,but then again,i only got 2 years of community college....i thought the bible has been pretty useful for me since 75,w/ my first cj.

#14 ·
I've always bought the factory manuals. They have so much more info. You might have to read it over twice, but it's all there in your hand and easier to go back and forth from section to section. Keep checking ebay. I got a nice set for my 04 Tj for $75.

#15 ·
You could always take the PDF to work and borrow the 800 some pages and ink from your company printer and print off the hard copy. Throw it in a couple of 3-ring binders you might find laying around and there you go, a cheap hard copy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.