has anyone replaced the spare tire with storage? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > has anyone replaced the spare tire with storage?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
bbehrendt
2002 TJ Wrangler 

has anyone replaced the spare tire with storage?

I was thinking about replacing my spare tire with some type of storage box. Has anyone done this, or is there an aftermarket box for this?

-bj

bbehrendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
Airstreamer67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If I need extra room on the back, I use one of those storage platforms which fit into the 2-inch port for a trailer hitch. It makes things very flexible and keeps the spare in place. I even have one that is simply a flat piece of 3/4-inch marine plywood on which I can load just about anything, including deer, using tie-down ropes or bungees.

Incidentally, I also have a trailer hitch port on the front, and the same stuff can be loaded there if you don't mind a longer nose.
Airstreamer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbehrendt View Post
I was thinking about replacing my spare tire with some type of storage box. Has anyone done this, or is there an aftermarket box for this?

-bj
I don't know how much space you're hoping to gain, but the Daystar Cam Can Trail Box w/Spare Tire Mount can add some storage back there. Let me know if you're interested in a quote on that box!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbehrendt View Post

-bj
What exactly are you planning to store there? Small stuff? Suitcases? Tools?

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.