Hardtop Wiring Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hardtop Wiring Kit

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
t2sj

Hardtop Wiring Kit

I just bought a used hardtop for my 2004 Wrangler Unlimited. I've seen the wiring kits for sale on the internet to connect the defrost and wiper. How hard are they to install (I'm not very mechanical)? Do they also come with tubing to connect to the washer fluid or will I have to buy that separately? Any advice anyone has would be great. Thanks!

t2sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
grinwa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've looked into this myself and found that the dealership is actually cheeper by about $10 and no shipping. (compaired to quadratech). I comes with all the wiring, switches, hoses, and new washer fluid bottle.... everything you need to hook it up.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
grinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
CCrew
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Jeepsareus.

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...Code=Wrangler4
CCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
Wheels-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2sj
...How hard are they to install (I'm not very mechanical)? Do they also come with tubing to connect to the washer fluid or will I have to buy that separately?
1. The factory kit is complete, including all the wire, hose, switches, relay, new double-pump reservoir, etc that you will need.
2. It is an "easy" installation -- it IS a bit tedious, BUT the factory instructions are very detailed -- just take your time and do exactly what they say (in the order they give).
3. BUT!!! here's a possible catch! -- is the hardtop you purchased from a 2004 model Wrangler? If "yes," then no worries. If "no," then MAYBE a worry...but it's solvable. The issue can be differing electrical connector halves -- the half on the top might not match the half you get in the kit. I ran into this problem when I put my kit in (a 2004 top onto a 1998 TJ)...here's a thread detailing the connector half (they call it a "connector repair kit") you will need to purchase from the dealer IF you encounter this problem...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/connecting-different-year-hardtop-your-tj-electrical-163514/
Wheels-Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
t2sj

Thanks for the quick replies. The top I bought is also from a 2004.
t2sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
autopc25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels-Up View Post
1. The factory kit is complete, including all the wire, hose, switches, relay, new double-pump reservoir, etc that you will need.
2. It is an "easy" installation -- it IS a bit tedious, BUT the factory instructions are very detailed -- just take your time and do exactly what they say (in the order they give).
3. BUT!!! here's a possible catch! -- is the hardtop you purchased from a 2004 model Wrangler? If "yes," then no worries. If "no," then MAYBE a worry...but it's solvable. The issue can be differing electrical connector halves -- the half on the top might not match the half you get in the kit. I ran into this problem when I put my kit in (a 2004 top onto a 1998 TJ)...here's a thread detailing the connector half (they call it a "connector repair kit") you will need to purchase from the dealer IF you encounter this problem...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163514
I have a early 1997 and bought the Mopar Hartop wiring kit for a 1997-2000. I installed everything OK until the last 2 wires. One is a Lt. blue/white and the other is a Dk. blue/Lt. green wire. The directions say to locate RH (passenger side) 10-way I/P. I took out the glove box and can not locate this 10-way?

Step #41 in the instructions said to remove the RH (passenger side)10-way I/P cluster. Where is this?

Step #42 said to remove 3" of tape from the connector.

Step #43 said to insert Lt. blue/white into cavity #3 of the connector and Dk. blue/Lt. green into cavity #4.

There is also a special note for 1997 Models.
On '97 models, replace these 2 terminals with the loose terminals (item 13) supplied in the kit. Solder these connections!

I have the 2 loose terminals.

Where is the right hand side 10-way cluster located?

What do the 2 wires connect to?
autopc25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.