Hardtop Rear Window Adjustment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hardtop Rear Window Adjustment

Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
VLT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hardtop Rear Window Adjustment

Does anyone know how to adjust the rear window tension on a hardtop so that the glass fits snugger to the jeep when closed down?

VLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
heepyjeepy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ya, i just did that over the weekend. I went to lowes and got some 3/4' insulator strip and moved the top back, put some on the windshield (i had a leak) and moved the whole thing back a bit. Then the rear window fit a bit more snug around the tailgate and seal on the hardtop itself. It still didnt have the best seal on the tailgate so i put the extra sealer that i had left over and put it on the tailgate. Works great now and i can run it threw the carwash with no leaks!.

good luck,
heepyjeepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

You run your Jeep thru a car wash?
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
VLT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Hard Top Problem

Hey guys, it's me again, VLT, you are right, there is a long metal piece on the bottom of the back windshield. The left bottom side of my windshield sticks out about 1/8" causing it not to seal. How do I fix this? Am I suppose to remove the two metal pieces on each side of the Jeep that holds the soft top flaps in? Thanks!
Unread 01-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
VLT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You said you put the extra sealer that you had left over and put it on the tailgate. What part of the tailgate? There are two metal pieces on each side of the tailgate...well, on the actual Jeep. Where exactly did you put it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.