Hardtop Quick Release recommendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hardtop Quick Release recommendations?

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 01-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
jr1966
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hardtop Quick Release recommendations?

Looking at a couple of quick release for my hardtop.

Anyone with experience with either of these?

Screw-type
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13122_01.htm

Clamp-type
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13122_02.htm

2005 4.0 LJ Auto, BFG AT 32x11.5x15, Spidertrax, Kenwood Excelon X591, Alpine EX-10 iPod/BT, Sony XM-4S amp, Polks, 5.25" Dash Speakers, MTX sub, Hella H4 Conversion/Fatboy II, Euro Clear Lenses, KC Rear Fog, Light Guards, Bug Shield, Olympic Grille Guard, Delta 150 Amber Fogs, KC Long-Range Daylighters on A-Pillars, Rubicon Rockers, Power Step, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, Warrior Rear Diamond Plate Armor, Skyjacker 2BB/Steering Stabilizer/Hydros, Rear ACOS, Volant CAI/Snorkel, Bestop Tire Carrier, PW/PDL, 4" Xenons, ARB D30 & Rockcrusher D44 Diff Cover, CA Skids, Radiator Guard, Trailjammer, LED Tails, 4.88s.
jr1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1966 View Post
Looking at a couple of quick release for my hardtop.

Anyone with experience with either of these?

Screw-type
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13122_01.htm

Clamp-type
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13122_02.htm
Got some thumbscrew type on ebay a couple years ago... have worked well for a few on and off's every summer... Check Fleabay, I think they were cheaper than those...
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Original bolts and nuts have worked to well for 7 years! Maybe when I lose them!
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
marylandjeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

the po of my jeep swapped out the original bolts for some with wing nuts. looks like standard fare from the hardware store. i havent taken it off yet, but it seems like it will be pretty easy as soon as it warms up some. might be quicker/easier/cheaper than ordering some off the net.
marylandjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
BloodThirsty
Hoosier

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
Original bolts and nuts have worked to well for 7 years! Maybe when I lose them!

Same here. For two years anyway. Besides I only take my Hard top off once a year, put the soft top on, then hard top back on in the fall.
BloodThirsty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
JJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

back when I had a hard top I swapped out the torx bolts for some eye bolts, washers and square nuts
(wont spin when tightening). it was a cheap trip to the hardware store and a few mins to swap them
out, and you gain 6 new tie down spots
JJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.