Hardtop inside? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hardtop inside?

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 01-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
gsdpwd

Hardtop inside?

What have people done to the inside of their hardtops ie, insulation like speaker carpet, or anything else that might help insulate or get rid of the ugly white color? thanks.

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"]97 TJ 4.0 Sport[/COLOR] 5sp,31x10.5 BFG Ats, RE BB + Jeep Rubicon springs, jks quicker discos, LoD rear bumper, Winch, HiLift, tuffy glove box, InstaTrunk, Dual Tops, plus more to come...[/CENTER]
gsdpwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
02tjsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

www.californiatops.com sells a hardtop insulation product. From the looks of it is the same material as an Army field jacket liner (if you are familiar with that) and those are relatively warm. I've though about spraying some 3m "Underbody coating with sound deadener" inside of mine, but i havent had mine off to do it since i thought of doing it. It really wouldnt be much insulation, but it should cut down on vibration with loud stereo with subs, and may help a little road noise. I dunno, just a thought i had...
02tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
gsdpwd

I am familiar with the army field jacket liner, I think the audio carpet would look better, kinda like the steel horse tops inside(quadratec). That sound deadening spray sounds like an Idea but might be messy and hard to get on even? I dont know.
[CENTER][COLOR="Red"]97 TJ 4.0 Sport[/COLOR] 5sp,31x10.5 BFG Ats, RE BB + Jeep Rubicon springs, jks quicker discos, LoD rear bumper, Winch, HiLift, tuffy glove box, InstaTrunk, Dual Tops, plus more to come...[/CENTER]
gsdpwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
Jbirdman97TJ

Spray it with Line X. Decreases road noise, can be sprayed to match any color and looks awesome with its fine grain texture.

Jay
Jbirdman97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #5
Nickb1907
2000 TJ Wrangler 

heres is a little something from stu's site
http://www.stu-offroad.com/body/ht/hardtop-1.htm

Nickb1907 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.