Hardtop Headliner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hardtop Headliner

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-06-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
bobhaverford

Hardtop Headliner

Does anyone have any experience with hardtop headliners? Where to get and what kind is best to get? What kind of cost is involved? Any pictures? I would be installing it primarily for accoustic improvements. Thanks.

Bob

[SIZE=1]War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worse than war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -John Stuart Mill[/SIZE]
bobhaverford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
ute

why would you do that ??? very strange

anyway if your cold just drill a few holes in the inner layer and spray expanding insulation foam in there
ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

there used to be someone somewhere ( Gatortop? ) who made thinsulate liners... seemed like a good idea.

I had thought about installing closed cell foam, like from those sleeping mats used in camping, at one time.... i just haven't done it.

I'm more interested in warmth than in accoustics tho. Maybe a 'dynomat' would be a good way to go?

lj

edit: found it: http://www.slicktops.com/liners_hardtop.php
Unread 09-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
bobhaverford

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJeeper
there used to be someone somewhere ( Gatortop? ) who made thinsulate liners... seemed like a good idea.

I had thought about installing closed cell foam, like from those sleeping mats used in camping, at one time.... i just haven't done it.

I'm more interested in warmth than in accoustics tho. Maybe a 'dynomat' would be a good way to go?

lj

edit: found it: http://www.slicktops.com/liners_hardtop.php
I like that thinsulate blanket! Thanks for the link.
[SIZE=1]War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worse than war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -John Stuart Mill[/SIZE]
bobhaverford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #5
ProfessorCRX
Web Wheeler

Does that thing wrap down around the windows too?
ProfessorCRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

no... but it probably should.

lj
Unread 09-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #7
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

great idea and it's nice but...........I don't need my buddies asking why I hung a quilt in my jeep....they should make one that looks less like jacket liner
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.