Hard top Line-X - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hard top Line-X

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hard top Line-X

Well last weekend I was out on some logging trails and story summed up i back into a tree and now i have minor hardtop fiberglass damage. I plan on taking it to Line-X and getting it sprayed. Maybe inside and out. Is there problems with this? added Weight shouldnt be an issue. Also opinions on Color match outside patriot blue. I wanna get this done for durability and not worry about it again. also while im in there i'll probally get my grille done too no doubt patriot blue.

Mopar Rubicon Rockers,Warn Front Bumper, Bestop Rear Bumper, Banks Exhaust, K&N FIPK
Next: 1.25 Inch Body lift, SAVVY Corner Armor and Steering, PSC Rocker Knockers
Down the Road: Ford 8.8, 3 Inch Springs, 35" Mud Grapplers on Black 20's
TOLjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
xxxflhrci

Go for it...I put Herculiner on my hard top 6-7 years ago. It still looks great.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Aight man, thanks. I was wondering bout a diy liner like Raptor or Monstaliner but i think i"ll just pay to get it look professional and be done with it. Others opinions?
Mopar Rubicon Rockers,Warn Front Bumper, Bestop Rear Bumper, Banks Exhaust, K&N FIPK
Unread 03-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bedliner on the top will NOT protect it from such damage, not even a little. Just sayin...

I've seen a couple done, they look bloody awful.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im not sure what my uncle used on mine and my dads, but it looks pretty cool. It has taken a fair bit of abuse too (from when I dropped it )
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
jdnunc23
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think it would look great. I say go for it.
jdnunc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
JSahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

when the weather permits i will be herculining my hardtop inside and out... it may not look the best but it looks better than faded old factory paint and im sure wont scratch up like the factory stuff..
Hopefully is will work as an insulator aswell for when its a little cold out...
00 TJ, OME shocks, all currie control arm, OME steering damper, Brown dog MML, VIAIR OBA with 2 quick disconnects at the doors, jks quick discos, Kolak exhaust, 30 spline D30 w/ ARB and 4:56, 8.8 w/ super 88 and ARB, home made F/R bumpers and tire carrier,OME zj front springs and OME Lj rear springs, CB w/ firestick, DIY highline fenders/hood, 35 pro comp mud terrains, cragar soft 8s .. .

95 XJ 4.0 4x4 Auto, V8 ZJ steering linkage
JSahara00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
Bedliner on the top will NOT protect it from such damage, not even a little. Just sayin...

I've seen a couple done, they look bloody awful.
Have you not seen the rigorous tests they have done with Line-X. its suppose to be bombproof. They use it on the Humvee's used in wars. Cans cant be crushed sprayed with it. Jeeps flares minor scuff with Line-x Rubbed against trees and truck beds are unscaved with abuse(personal witness). im not sayin i cant blow up my hardtop lol im saying that it can be put thru semi-rough abuse. and awful looking i want to get the best looking, durable liner there is(not hating on DIY liners) and Rhino ling from what i see is soft, it peels and also fades over time
Unread 03-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnunc23 View Post
I think it would look great. I say go for it.
Thanks for the input. Im gonna repair the damged fiberglass to look not f'd up. then im gonna take it in to get done. Not quite sure if i want color matched or not on the hardtop. I need opinions on this guys... Color matched or not?? I know im gonna color match the grill. i might get my bumpers done black and maybe the flares too.. But once again i dont know if i should do them black or a color matched PATRIOT BLUE. I need opinions! any and all are in consideration. If i get my hardtop color matched i'll probally get the flares black. And if i get the top black then the flares might be Patriot blue. Or maybe do a Black top with Charcoal line-x flares like the columbia and rocky mountain editions. Hmmmmm.... so many options.
Unread 03-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #10
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSahara00 View Post
when the weather permits i will be herculining my hardtop inside and out... it may not look the best but it looks better than faded old factory paint and im sure wont scratch up like the factory stuff..
Hopefully is will work as an insulator aswell for when its a little cold out...
Get that UV topcoat. The top is known for sun fading. And yeah i thought that factory coating was good.... til i took it in the woods and got scratched to hell. Ive too been thinking of doing the inside as well too and give it that custom look Decisions..... Decisions.....
Unread 03-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

anyone???
Unread 03-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
bigtim6656
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had my inside floor pans done with rhino, and the rocker panels, I am now thinking when I get a DD of doing everything with rhino, think everything but the lights, glass and hood. I did not think about the top, put up some pics when she is done. I also opted to let the pros do it.
bigtim6656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.