Hard Top Headliner - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hard Top Headliner

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #16
Woodyhfd
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame
If your jeep is on fire, the last thing you need to worry about it whether the headliner will burn....
Not if your feet are tangled up in the pedals. At that point, the headliner may suddenly become more interesting to you. I only bring this up because I have seen it in person.

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #17
Red2001sport

Come on

Im all for safey but jesus, your feet get tanlged and hte headline bursts into flames. Hhahhaahah I could be killed crossing the street every day but i still do it!! hahha
Red2001sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #18
Woodyhfd
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2001sport
Im all for safey but jesus, your feet get tanlged and hte headline bursts into flames. Hhahhaahah I could be killed crossing the street every day but i still do it!! hahha
Sorry, but I am a career firefighter and I respond to motor vehicle accidents daily. Most of the time that we need to use extrication equipment, the drivers feet are entangled in the pedals.

Several months ago, we went to the scene of a Cherokee into a telephone pole. We could see the flames from the firehouse. It took 54 minutes from the time of dispatch to get this guy out of his Jeep. His upper body was free to flop around while we supressed the flames, but the floor and pedals had folded up around his feet. He became very much aware of his surroundings as we cut the Jeep away from his body. Last time I heard, he was still alive.

I just wanted to offer some useful info before people add more fuel to the passenger compartment. Engineers consider the flammability of materials when they're designing vehicles. Guys in their garage don't always think of that. I thought that some of them might want that option.
Unread 01-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #19
Saisling

I wouldn;t think a headliner would be difficult or expensive. Never put one in a Jeep, but I put one in a 73 Spitfire I restored w/ original steel hardtop. Don't know if it ever had one, but when I got it it didn't have oe and the underside was clean... I used a 1" layer of foam from the fabric store and then spray adhesive to cover it with the same leatherette fabric I used to do the door panels. Came out really nice. Sorry... no pics. I restored that back in the day; before the norm of digital cameras.

As for the guy that sound deaden'd his interior... nice thread, turned out well, I enjoyed the read... I know he said the stuff was water resistant, bu if you are serious about offroading and run the possibility of one day getting a tub full of water how would that stuff hold up to that? I'd be afrid to spend all my money and time only to ruin it in a mud hole. If I did that, it would only be to deaded road/tire noise. I think the Jeep is to unsecured to load it with audio equip.
Saisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #20
Red2001sport

where is that

sound deading thread
Red2001sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #21
EHUPP01
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodyhfd
Sorry, but I am a career firefighter and I respond to motor vehicle accidents daily. Most of the time that we need to use extrication equipment, the drivers feet are entangled in the pedals.

Several months ago, we went to the scene of a Cherokee into a telephone pole. We could see the flames from the firehouse. It took 54 minutes from the time of dispatch to get this guy out of his Jeep. His upper body was free to flop around while we supressed the flames, but the floor and pedals had folded up around his feet. He became very much aware of his surroundings as we cut the Jeep away from his body. Last time I heard, he was still alive.

I just wanted to offer some useful info before people add more fuel to the passenger compartment. Engineers consider the flammability of materials when they're designing vehicles. Guys in their garage don't always think of that. I thought that some of them might want that option.
Thanks for doing what you do. I hope I never meet you on duty. eeekk! Out wheeling would be great however.

In Memory
"Lets Roll"
EHUPP01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #22
Saisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2001sport
sound deading thread

Are you asking where that thread is in response to my comment?

If so, it came from this thread... thats the first time I found it.
Check out post #5 on page 1 of this thread.
Saisling is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.