Hard top bolts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hard top bolts

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
emschris
Oops, sounds expensive!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hard top bolts

Anyone know where I can get a bolt set for my hard top, or can tell we what hardware I would need to piock up form the local lowe's. I seem to remember some clips but really recall. I can't seem to locate them and I 'd like to get the top on.

Unread 11-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
daveg13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Regular old bolts, nuts, and washers will work fine.
daveg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
tomk864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=2&catalogid=2

Screws are $1.23
Nuts are $2.24.

x6 each.

You'd be much better off going to the hardware store...
The only thing about the factory nuts are that do not need a wrench due to the way they set under the rail...
tomk864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
emschris
Oops, sounds expensive!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, It had a square bolt that locked in underneath the rail. I think I'll go the hardware store route. Thanx for the help.
Unread 11-01-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
halfmoonclip
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do yourself a favor and order OEM stuff from jeepsareus (www.jeepsareus.com)
They don't cost much, and starting a hex nut underneath the rail is just a bunch of pi$$ing around.
The factory part also has a plastic clip that keeps the nut in place.
Be patient and do it right.
Moon
'07 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD-da kid's ride
Goodbye Old Blue XJ; 10+yrs, 100K+ miles; virtually trouble free; Long may you run!
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #6
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Or get the quick release kit that allows you do install and remove without tools.

newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i got some big ole eye bolts and wing nuts for the bottom. and a set or washers for the top.

put a wahser on the eyebolt so it doesnt dig out the hole in the ahrd top, then put the wing nut under the lip and turn the eye bolt, the wing nut will brace itself in place, and the ye bolt is big enough to tunrn with your hand. i think i got 1/4th inch bolts. also, they rpoovide a handy tie-down spot

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 05:55 AM   #8
Combatsylvania

Quote:
i got some big ole eye bolts and wing nuts for the bottom. and a set or washers for the top.

put a wahser on the eyebolt so it doesnt dig out the hole in the ahrd top, then put the wing nut under the lip and turn the eye bolt
Yep, for as often as you pop it on and off this is a good route to go.

You can also use 2 nuts, one on top and underneat to set the height of the eye bolt and orientation..

I've tried those clamps pictured above, they work but you really gotta tighten them alot. Also with bolts the top "parks" itself in the perfect spot every time. When I had the clamps on i noticed the top wasnt always in the perfect spot.

I bought my top with no bolts and 4 dollars later Im happy as a pig in poop
Combatsylvania is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.