Hanson tire carrier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hanson tire carrier

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
dubnutty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hanson tire carrier

Anyone out there have a Hanson tire carrier setup on their Tj? I have one with the top basket and side Jerry can holders. How are you securing your cans? I don't want to go the tie down route. Any suggestions would be great.

dubnutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
dubnutty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I started to fab up some straps to hold down the jerry cans. If I can figure out how to post pics, I will post some up. Hope this will help someone with this setup.
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
PurpleTJ
Consistently Inconsistent

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Upload the pics to an image hosting website. I use photobucket. You can't post them yourself until you have a post count of 50+, but if you put up the IMG tags, someone can post them for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
dubnutty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

OK I put some more time into this and took some pics. I up loaded them to photobucket under same user name. Let me know what you think about hold down. Haven't finished yet still some work to do. Maybe someone could post here for me.
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
dubnutty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here is what I started with.
image.jpg  
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
dubnutty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bent up some flat steel.
image.jpg  
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
dubnutty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Backside pic, strap hooks into slit made into bottom of metal rail. Welded hook to metal flat stock. Bends were done in bench vise and metal brake bought from Harbor Freight. I bent round portion by bending around a piece of 2" pipe. Keeping everything in a straight plane was tough.
image.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.