Hanson Front Bumper install *PICS** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hanson Front Bumper install *PICS**

Flowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country small builder parts in stock!! Awesome price

Unread 09-23-2005, 02:38 AM   #1
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hanson Bumper install

These first few pics are of the powder coating shop. this place his HUGE. The thire pic shows just the oveb they bake with. They can park a bus in the thing. The entire process is on a track sustem and takes the parts through each process.

the next few pics are misc pics before installation began

Unread 09-23-2005, 02:40 AM   #2
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 09-23-2005, 02:43 AM   #3
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

these are the start of the rear bumper and tire rack assembly. norice in the first pick the bracket. That is how it goes. Can be a little confusing to feed it through the frame.

this is the installation of the pad that glides on the upper bumper mount.

Unread 09-23-2005, 02:43 AM   #4
TQ_xvi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's looking super, mate.

Reminds me of the skyjacker jeep they had with the baron red bumper and flare package.

I see from your sig that you're doing SEMA. Is that why you chose the colour combo?

How much did the powercoating run you?

Looking forward to seeing the final project
TQ_xvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2005, 02:49 AM   #5
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

this is the closing latch and that fully open release. very nice set ups.

these are the top cage and side jerry can holders. I also in stalled my high lift jack as well.

this is the winch and front bumper

winch mounted before installing front bumper

the reason this has to be done is because the holes are covered and unaccessable once mounted to jeep. i have not mounted the front bumper yet. That will be tomorrow unlong with running the winch line and winch cables. I have an Xline winch line that will be mounted as well. You can see the xline fairlead already mounted.
Unread 09-23-2005, 02:55 AM   #6
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ_xvi
It's looking super, mate.

Reminds me of the skyjacker jeep they had with the baron red bumper and flare package.

I see from your sig that you're doing SEMA. Is that why you chose the colour combo?

How much did the powercoating run you?

Looking forward to seeing the final project
thanks. The powder coating ran me 200 bucks. I will be painting my fender flares, and powder coating myrocker guards as well as my roll cage the same color. Ill also be doing my transfer skid and maybe the long arms for suspension. yes its all to stand out a bit without being to obnoxious. I would also like to find a 100% replacement Rubicon sticker in red as well.
Unread 09-23-2005, 08:33 AM   #7
JJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i envy your rubi

its times like this im both sad and happy i dont have my visa
anymore. looks great though man!
JJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #8
Caesars0331

WOW....very very nice!!!

2" REBB, 1.25" JKS BL, 1" JKS BMML, 33x10.5x15 BFG AT, ******* LED tail lights, 55w backup lights, Compustar Remote Starter / Alarm

Semper Fidelis

Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Caesars0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2005, 09:11 AM   #9
Flatbroke
Web Wheeler

Looks good.

was that a zink plate that the fair lead bolts to? I would like to get mine poweder coated too if it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRussoX
Haha

I actually look at a Jeepers nuts to see how informed they are. Ditch your nuts man!

Russo
Flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #10
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbroke
Looks good.

was that a zink plate that the fair lead bolts to? I would like to get mine poweder coated too if it will work.

I dont think it was. It was silver. I honestly do not know.
Unread 09-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #11
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i got wood
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2005, 12:27 PM   #12
Jerry All-Bran

yea...college sucks now, thanks, thanks a lot....your Jeep, yea, no words to describe it. I feel small. I'm, I'm gonna go now.
Jerry All-Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #13
Flatbroke
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJeep
I dont think it was. It was silver. I honestly do not know.

mine is silver looking too. I think I am going to get it powder coated, great Idea. could you let me know how well the powder coat sticks to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRussoX
Haha

I actually look at a Jeepers nuts to see how informed they are. Ditch your nuts man!

Russo
Flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #14
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbroke
mine is silver looking too. I think I am going to get it powder coated, great Idea. could you let me know how well the powder coat sticks to it.
It seems to me that the fairlead mount powder coating is better then the rest. Dont get me wrong everything looks perfect. But that piece seems to have no imperfections and looks like it bonded really well. Ill give you an update after I wheel for a bit with it. BUt it seems to have adhered really well.
Unread 09-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #15
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredjulian
i envy your rubi
I also envy the shop you are doing your work in... I have a single car garage that I can only open one door of the jeep at a time (becuase I've had to park so close to the other side to even get it in the garage...) I feel like a monkey humping a football as I'm crawling thru the jeep to reach tools on my workbench arround the side, etc...

I'd give my left one to have a place with that much room to work in...

Living in NorCal where prices for even crappy houses with no garages are so extreme that you can't afford anything nice... I need to make friends with someone who has some open space like that...

SW2

But I really like the Bumpers also... I'm hoping someday to get a set of Hanson's for my Rig also... have to convince (or get rid of... ) the wife first...
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.