Hanson bumper retailers... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hanson bumper retailers...

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
AOPAPilot

Hanson bumper retailers...

I have pretty much decided that I like the look of both the Rubicon 60 and 52 model for the front of my Jeep. Also found out that they have the rear tire swingout like the LOD. Just wondering if there are any vendors that come to mind where I can get a decent deal on one.

I dont know whether I want the 60 or 52 at this point in time, nor do I know if I like the Hanson rear over the LOD unit, which I have seen in person and I like, alot.

If anybody has any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Unread 07-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Expat
Frequent flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOPAPilot
I have pretty much decided that I like the look of both the Rubicon 60 and 52 model for the front of my Jeep. Also found out that they have the rear tire swingout like the LOD. Just wondering if there are any vendors that come to mind where I can get a decent deal on one.

I dont know whether I want the 60 or 52 at this point in time, nor do I know if I like the Hanson rear over the LOD unit, which I have seen in person and I like, alot.

If anybody has any input I would greatly appreciate it.

I ordered my 52" Hanson from 4wd Hardware. Had it less than a week after I placed the order. The Hanson and Jeeperman rears are much better than the LOD. The LOD is not bad just not in the league of the other 2.

Hanson 52" front

Jeeperman rear
3.5" RE springs, JKS F&R adj track bars, JKS adj CAs (all 8), OME LT shocks, JKS quicker discos, JKS 1.25" BL, MORE BP MML, 35" Cooper SSTs on 057 Eagle Alloys, 4.56s Detroit lockers, Alloy USA front and rear axles, Currie HD steering, 52" Hanson front bumper, Warn 9.5ti with in-cab control, Kilby steering box skid, Jeeperman rear bumper/tire carrier, Jeeperman trail skidz, 33 Eng TT, JB SSSYE, TW driveshaft, and lots more........
2007 WK Overland Steel Blue..wifes
1997 ZJ Laredo...sons
2004 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Diesel..My TV and DD and Lance camper carrier
2003 Chaparral 223 deck boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjp98TJ
drop the purse, and hit it.
Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
AOPAPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by #20 Home Depot
I ordered my 52" Hanson from 4wd Hardware. Had it less than a week after I placed the order. The Hanson and Jeeperman rears are much better than the LOD. The LOD is not bad just not in the league of the other 2.

Hanson 52" front
[IMG][/IMG]

Jeeperman rear
[IMG][/IMG]

question time...

Why did you get the 52 rather than the 60?

and

Why did you get the Jeeperman rear rather than the Hanson rear?

thanks
Unread 07-03-2006, 05:55 AM   #4
Expat
Frequent flyer

Quote:
question time...

Why did you get the 52 rather than the 60?

and

Why did you get the Jeeperman rear rather than the Hanson rear?

thanks
I debated over all of the above. As for the 52" I liked the looks better and took into consideration that in the future I'll likely go with tube fenders and that would not look right with the 60". For the rear I liked the look better and the latch and hinge setup better. Both makes are top quality items. IMO you can't go wrong with any of either companies products
3.5" RE springs, JKS F&R adj track bars, JKS adj CAs (all 8), OME LT shocks, JKS quicker discos, JKS 1.25" BL, MORE BP MML, 35" Cooper SSTs on 057 Eagle Alloys, 4.56s Detroit lockers, Alloy USA front and rear axles, Currie HD steering, 52" Hanson front bumper, Warn 9.5ti with in-cab control, Kilby steering box skid, Jeeperman rear bumper/tire carrier, Jeeperman trail skidz, 33 Eng TT, JB SSSYE, TW driveshaft, and lots more........
2007 WK Overland Steel Blue..wifes
1997 ZJ Laredo...sons
2004 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Diesel..My TV and DD and Lance camper carrier
2003 Chaparral 223 deck boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjp98TJ
drop the purse, and hit it.
Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
AOPAPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by #20 Home Depot
I debated over all of the above. As for the 52" I liked the looks better and took into consideration that in the future I'll likely go with tube fenders and that would not look right with the 60". For the rear I liked the look better and the latch and hinge setup better. Both makes are top quality items. IMO you can't go wrong with any of either companies products
Do you remember any good comparison pictures for the 60 and 52 Hanson fronts? I just did a search and could not find any decent "comparable" shots. Also with the Jeeperman, could not find any nice close up detail shots, I have seen the LOD in person so I would be able to compare that.

Thanks
Unread 07-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
AOPAPilot

to the top
Unread 07-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

im interested aswell

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 03:03 PM   #8
Flatbroke
Web Wheeler

I have the front and rear hanson set up . I am going to buy a 52 inch Hanson bumper now because I want to run the tube fenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRussoX
Haha

I actually look at a Jeepers nuts to see how informed they are. Ditch your nuts man!

Russo
Flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 03:03 PM   #9
slumpbuster

I have the 60, don't have pics right now. I have additional down tubes, but the 60 protects the fenders. They suck up pretty high so they dont hang low, but i can definately agree it would look funny with tube fenders. If you do not plan on going to tube fenders the 60 is a good choice in also protecting your fenders.

I orderd mine in jan, it took 6 weeks(christmas rush i guess.)
Unread 07-04-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
ChristopherJ
Resident Physician

2000 XJ Cherokee 

What kind of detail shots do you want of the Jeeperman rear? I have it and am willing to oblige.

ChristopherJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
AOPAPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpbuster
I have the 60, don't have pics right now. I have additional down tubes, but the 60 protects the fenders. They suck up pretty high so they dont hang low, but i can definately agree it would look funny with tube fenders. If you do not plan on going to tube fenders the 60 is a good choice in also protecting your fenders.

I orderd mine in jan, it took 6 weeks(christmas rush i guess.)

I like the idea of having more protection for the fenders of the Jeep. What exactly are the tube fenders?

And man, that Jeeprman is clean. I am going to be picking that up for sure. About how much is this front and rear setup going to make my suspension sag? Just wondering if I should do them now, or when I do my 3.5RE lift and make sure to ask around what spacers I am going to need to make it sit right with the additional weight
Unread 07-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #12
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do you remember any good comparison pictures for the 60 and 52 Hanson fronts? I just did a search and could not find any decent "comparable" shots. Also with the Jeeperman, could not find any nice close up detail shots, I have seen the LOD in person so I would be able to compare that.

Thanks

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
AOPAPilot

those of you who have the Jeeperman.. what made you get that over the LOD?
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #14
ChristopherJ
Resident Physician

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
those of you who have the Jeeperman.. what made you get that over the LOD?
The testamonials of the quality is what drew me to Jeeperman. There was one story in particular where a guy had an LOD carrier for a few years but had to get rid of it due to rust and rattling, he went with Jeeperman. I figure if I'm going to spend that much money, spend it once. After seeing the Jeeperman, I believe this will be the last bumper I buy for my Jeep.

Their customer service is also top notch. They are very responsive to emails and answer any questions thoroughly. Good communication goes a long way in my book.
ChristopherJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #15
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

well i deffenetly decided on the hanson 52 with the winch bar and the jeeperman rear. question on the hanson though, i've been lookingall over their website for pictures and information, but i cant find it. are the bumpers pre-drilled for the foglights? or am i going to have to measure 3 times and then pop a hole through and coat it with some silicone

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.