halogen h4 vs. xenon hyper white - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > halogen h4 vs. xenon hyper white

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 10-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

halogen h4 vs. xenon hyper white

i'm pretty set on getting delta quad bar headlights, but i saw two options for them on 4wheelparts.com.. quad bar headlights with halogen h4 or quad bar headlights with xenon hyper white. which is better? could someone explain the difference? im going to the off road expo in pomona this weekend and this is something i want to order while im there, so i want to figure out exactly what it is i want before going. i searched but couldnt find anything comparing, or even explaining, the two.

Unread 10-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

bump for the night
Unread 10-08-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
coach-mike
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If the hyper white is lens and seperate bulb conversion get it. The differance is white light VS the yellow. You will get about the same distance of light but because 90% of all cars are standard yellowish you will be seen more. I change all my lights in every car to hyper white or HID which is SUPER POWERFUL HYPER WHITE.. I personally think I can see better with them. JM2C.
Unread 10-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

just for reference here are the two:

7” Round Quad Bar Headlight Kit, Xenon Hyper White by Delta

7 Round Quad Bar Headlight Kit, Halogen H4 by Delta

so a hyper white bulb is more white compared to halogen?
Unread 10-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
RuffTJ
2000 WJ 

Yes.
I have the hyper whites and I like them a lot. I would say go with those and you wont be disappointed.
RuffTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
h2oskikrazy
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hyper whites will give the white European Look to oncoming traffic. My experience has been that they are not as good putting the light on the road as halogen h4s, especially in bad weather-snow, fog, and rain. I bought some expensive hyper whites for my Lexus suv and ended up trading them for a brighter version of the factory halogens. I personally run IPF Fatboys in my TJ which are a type of H4 bulb. You'll need HID's to legally improve on those. Of course, if you want to just run off road, you could always put some 80/130 watt H4's in there and be about as bright as anything out there. So, if you are concerned purely about looks, the hyper whites may be for you. If you are concerned more about real on road performance, I would try a brighter halogen from my experience.
h2oskikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
RuffTJ
2000 WJ 

Agreed that the xenon hyper white are not extremely bright if thats what the OP is looking for. But they are definitely brighter than stock and look great on the road. Plus, if later on you want to do a true HID conversion to make them way brighter you have the delta light housings which are really nice too.
Unread 10-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i dont care how the light looks, i care how the road looks. i want to be able to see. so HALOGEN is the way to go then? i do a lot of driving in the mountains. dark roads, snow, rain, and some driving through the desert at night on a 2-4 lane highway traveling north. i want to be able to actually see whats ahead, to the side of me while im driving. sounds like halogen is what i want then.

i dont understand how having a certain kind of light looks cool. its purely function for me.
Unread 10-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
RuffTJ
2000 WJ 

then you need to buy new housings and do a HID conversion
Unread 10-09-2009, 02:54 AM   #10
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i was kind of hoping to just do a replacement thing instead of the conversion. how much more is there to convert to HID? the easier installation is for me, the better. i dont know much haha
Unread 10-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #11
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

I have Hella off-roads with halogen 100watt lows and 130watt highs running through a custom built harness, pulling power directly from the battery for power/ground and triggered by the factory headlight switch. They are brighter than anything else out there, including HID's, and I have yet to get flashed. The beam pattern of the Hella's has a sharp cutoff between low and high like an HID but the actual light output is pure white and very intense above/below the cutoff line.

The harness took me awhile to build but I also constructed it out of 10 and 12 gauge wire and solder jointed/heat shrinked every connection including the crimp connections. The conversion turned out so well in fact that after friends have seen them at night I've built 3 more just like it for them.
Unread 10-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
prljeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have the Delta Xenon for daily driving headlights- as mentioned they are not overly bright on low. However, I find them to be extremely bright on high beams. To me, the light pattern on high beams stretches very far outward and very high upward...compared to stock bulbs.

I also found that without my fog lights, it seems to be pretty dark until about 10 feet ahead of my car under certain conditions. I usually run with my fog lights on constantly, just in case something would dart out between the front of my car and the ten feet before my light hits.

IMHO
prljeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.