Halftops that Fit Speaker Pods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Halftops that Fit Speaker Pods

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
missionAvs

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Halftops that Fit Speaker Pods

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is a halftop that covers the speaker pods. I wanted to get something like the bestop halftop but from the looks of it they dont cover the speakers. Im also open to any other halftop recomendations as I am not completely set on the bestops.

Unread 03-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
Jblankster
2004 TJ Wrangler 

put the left one on the right and the right one on the left, it will invert them onto the inside of the rollbar insted of the outside. i hope that made sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUJeeper View Post
One of the biggest rules of fighting is: Never pick a fight with an older guy. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Jblankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
J_Ro
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My dad got a Mopar halftop for his '06 unlimited from the dealership. It wraps fully around the speaker pods

If I remember right, one of these tops for standard TJ was ~$500 and then it was ~$900 for his unlimited...

It's a pretty nice top, but I don't know if it was worth the $900 he dropped on it.

I never said they wouldn't screw you over for it
J_Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
jpony645
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the sound bar in mine and when I got the Jeep it had the Besttop Halftop on it. The previous owner just flipped the sound bar around so that it fit on the front side of the roll bar. No big deal.

BTW, I have that halftop for sale. If you're interested, shoot me a PM. It is spice colored and fits the regular Wrangler (not unlimited).
jpony645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
dbshea
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've been doing a lot of thinking about trying to convert my oem soft top into a half top esque version for my '05 TJ. I would consider getting the Besttop version and flipping my speaker pods however I'm 6'7" and my seat is tilted back behind the roll bar so far that I'm afraid it would either not fit or cause damage to the rear portion of the top. What i was thinking of doing is trying to mimic the guy at www.californiatops.com / www.offroadheroes.com in regards to the scorpion top. I would consider his product as well however the guy wants 700 for it; and 97 not so happy threads were started on JF about his customer service. Granted I have never sewn anything but boy scout badges () and this seems like quite the project since i won't have any kind of pattern, but do you gentleman think it's possible? Has any one tried doing it? My thought process was leaning towards using the Rampage Safari top (it zips in half to make the bikini) that I already have as the main portion because during the nice weather days I would be able to un zip the back off completely and be just a bikini top. Then using the door surrounds and side windows, cut down to meet up with the original back window. Then just buy the deck cover and find a way to tie all three pieces together for a good seal. Am i biting off more than my novice self can chew? If the oem top get's destroyed in the process i won't feel terrible because it never goes on the Jeep anyway and really just takes up garage space, but if it's a useless plight let me know. Also any tips or ideas would be great. Or better yet if anyone knows of a company that makes something like this let me know!
dbshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
wmeyer116
1997 TJ Wrangler 

california tops. they make one called the scorpion top or something like that. its sick looking. I think it covers them
Leave your inbred childish comments somewhere else. They are not welcome on JF
wmeyer116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
jbramble24
1984 CJ7 

I've got one of the mopar bikini tops (Jeep calls them sun bonnets) and it covers the speaker pods. I didn't want to switch the pods around since I am a bit tall and didn't want another thing to hit my head on. Another nice thing about the mopar top is that it uses the same latching system that the factory soft tops use. They are pricey at $200 new.

http://www.justforjeeps.com/topssunbonnets.html

I am looking at getting a bestop safari top (covers all the way back to the back of the sport cage) for this summer so PM me if you are interested in my top.
Unread 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmeyer116 View Post
california tops. they make one called the scorpion top or something like that. its sick looking. I think it covers them
Isn't the word on the forum to stay well away from California tops? or is that a different top company?
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
robclay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbramble24 View Post
They are pricey at $200 new.
I was quoted $450 at my Jeep Dealership.
robclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
degameth90
2004 TJ Wrangler 

From what i have heard the offroad heroes tops are made by california tops. I would stay away. Very shotty construction is all i have heard about them.
33x12.5 Cooper Stt

Member of Jeeps Gone Wild
degameth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
MudDuck99
2014 JK Wrangler 

I WOULD go with a safari top with a wrap around windjammer and deck cover
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
AmarekA
2006 LJ Wrangler 

What about this...?

http://www.justforjeeps.com/tosunbotowi.html

Just take out the windscreen if need be?

2007 Harley Night Train
AmarekA is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.