Half door question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Half door question...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-11-2002, 11:45 PM   #1
Jimi Hendrix

Half door question...

Have a soft top with half doors on my wrangler. The top to be honest is kinda worn out and I've had to have it mended once on the sides just above the doors. When driving my jeep, the upper soft half of my doors will break seal with the rest of the jeep and flap(don't know how else to describe it) out. Before I had the top mended I just thought it was wind slipping into it and catching the door and pushing it out, but now that it's been fixed, it still happens. I don't see how enough or any air would be able to get behind it now. Anyone else had problems similar to this? Not a huge problem for short trips, but last highway trip I took it got so annoying I had to pull over and take my shoes off and use my shoe strings to tie the upper part to my roll bar lol. Would it be worth looking into those fiberglass upper doors with the drive thru window look to them?

LOL. So many questions to ask now that I found people out there that have as much passion about Jeeps as I do. I'm tryin' to pace myself to one at a time.

Thanks,
Jimi Hendrix

Unread 05-12-2002, 06:29 AM   #2
rogncrys

mine has done that since it was brand new. wind doesnt have to get behind it to pull it out. has to do with hi-lo pressure going around the jeep kinda like plane wings.
mostly happens on windy gusty days.
I cant say much about upper door sliders 'cept they are kind of expensive so I just admire them from a catalog.
Unread 05-12-2002, 06:55 AM   #3
BuMpYJ

my passenger side upper does the same thing on my YJ, its only bad when im going over like 55-60 tho, so when i go on long trips i usually bungee cord it to the roll bar and then it doesnt move at all.

[URL=www.misfitoffroad.com]Misfit Offroad[/URL]
BuMpYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2002, 10:26 AM   #4
Jimi Hendrix

I had a feeling it was a common problem. Thanks for the confirmation.

Tags
half , door , tj , wrangler , flap , flapping , upper , soft

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.