Half-door / Full door dilema - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Half-door / Full door dilema

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-11-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
LSoares1

Half-door / Full door dilema

Is there anyone else here that would get both full and half doors if the dealers offered it?

I'm all set to buy a '03 Rubicon, but the door question is killing me. I've read the opinions of people who like one over the other, but I want both. I'm in the NorthEast, so I want a hard top and full doors for the winter. But when summer comes around, I would want to take the top down and slap on the half doors. (I think everyone can agree Jeeps are killer that way).

I can order the doors seperate from the dealer for around 600 clams each, but it doesn't come painted or anything. (so then I have to worry about the paint matching when I get that done.)

Would anyone else of gotten both if it were available as an option?

Unread 04-11-2003, 04:02 PM   #2
Roughneck
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would say it is just a question of having the cost of all that rolled into your monthly payments. If this isn't a problem then get all of the options you want. I would say get them.
$600/ea. will be pretty expensive later (probably in a few months), plus painting.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2003, 05:36 PM   #3
Ned97sahara

I've got both for my 97' sahara. I love it that way I. I use my hard top and full doors in the winter, my soft top and half doors in spring and fall, and in the summer I have the two piece soft doors with the bikini,windjammer, and duster cover. The two piece soft doors are great for the summer when those quick thunder storms come rolling in you can always carry them with you.
3rd jeep:2004 grand cherokee WJ special edition
W/MTR 245/75/R16's (sold for 07 Ranger)
Ned97sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2003, 05:44 PM   #4
SirGCal

Let me settle this right now....

If you are at ALL interested in the full doors.... GET EM NOW! After paint, interior panels and everything else to get them after the fact, it's between $1800-$2100. You can get half doors a LOT cheaper. Plus, you can get alternative half doors like full cloth halfs and diamond plate halfs and tubular halfs and (the list is long...)

If you think you want em... GET EM! Much cheaper strait up than after the fact. I wish I had em...

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
Tyler Dirden

I might have gotten both, but I went with full cause I like them more, and if I want half, they're cheaper.
Unread 04-11-2003, 07:38 PM   #6
johnnybravodude

mine came with full doors......I woulda gladly paid for that option if it was available....
Unread 04-11-2003, 11:02 PM   #7
Kraw

I have full doors, like it for the hard top.

I wish I also had a set of half's, for summertime (which is 3/4's of the year here )

get the full doors NOW, it will be cheaper in the long run, as others have stated
Unread 04-12-2003, 08:28 AM   #8
Scafone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I agree to getting the full doors now. absolutely. It'll be much easier to buy a set of half's later......I'd get the soft lowers.

I first bought my Jeep with the half doors thinking I'd be satisfied with them.

But that only lasted until the first winter.
I just bought my full doors last year and they've been all that I thought they would and more. I justified the BIG expense by promising myself I'd sell the half's to offset costs....but now I'm having second thoughts about selling them.

I want to eat my cake too!

BTW, I bought my brand new set of unpainted full doors with panels for around $1000 from Jeepsareus.....halfs were like 7or800 I think.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson
Scafone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 11:18 AM   #9
Musky

Who makes the best soft doors?
Musky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 01:42 PM   #10
hikerpaddler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'd get the full doors, no half doors. Buy a set of full soft doors for summer. Full hard doors are quieter on the interstate, and a must with a hard top. I couldn't justify the expense of extra half doors when I could accomplish the same thing at a fraction of the cost by ordering bestop full soft doors.
hikerpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 06:11 PM   #11
Outbounder
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Buy with the full doors and then get the half doors for summer any way you can. I have both; to me the half doors are priceless. I may even sell my hard top this fall and run with full doors and sailcloth, but I would never get rid of the dual doors.
Outbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 07:30 PM   #12
sstaurus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Actually, price it out with Mopar/DC or whatever and you'll find full doors are cheaper to buy down the road. For some reason they charge an arm and a leg for the halfdoors. There is a thread somewhere around here that talks about this... it was calculated out by someone.
sstaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 09:52 PM   #13
LSoares1

Is it going to be a pain in the a$$ to get the half doors painted to match the car?
Unread 04-13-2003, 08:52 AM   #14
TX WJ

Mine came with the full doors. I love them. I have both tops and was lucky to find a set of half doors (white, my color ) and I love them. I had to replace the interior trim (wrong color) and I had to buy the soft uppers but it was worth it.

Summer Time, bikini, duster, windjammer and half doors

Winter Time, Hard Top, and full doors.
TX WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2003, 11:19 AM   #15
AldoD
2014 JK Wrangler 

Diamond Plate Half Doors $249.00

Quadratec has a set of half doors in diamond plate black or bright, for $249. I'm going to get them in the summer, then add upper halfs.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.