H02 Sensor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > H02 Sensor?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
Unscathed
2001 TJ Wrangler 

H02 Sensor?

Ok, question for you all... Where the hell is the H02 Sensor located on a 2001 Jeep TJ. (This is not the same as the Oxygen Sensor on the exhaust)

Why I ask... (Background)

Short and sweet of it is I put in one of those Ebay Exhaust manifolds made for earlier TJ's and welded exhaust bungs in where they should be. {$100 beats $450) and everything works great. (Yea.. I got the Check Engine light because the guy that welded the bungs in, didnt do them where I asked) but a little simulator took care of that problem. When I ran the diagnostics with an ODBII Reader, it said that the H02 sensor was not ready.. and a month or so has gone by since I reset my codes, and passed emisions.. but this still says it is not ready.

Any thoughts?

Unscathed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

There is no such sensor.

Are you able to pull the codes, or is it giving you this not ready message before it even starts the scan process?

If you can pull the codes, what are the actual #s?
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
Unscathed
2001 TJ Wrangler 

the guy at the emissions shop said two of my services werent running to pass inspection (because i reset the computer and had not driven long enough)
Those two were apparently EVAP and the H02 systems.. When I hooked up the ODBII it said those were the only two systems "not started"

After I hooked up the sims because it wouldnt pass emissions otherwise (getting the p4020 code) the EVAP system came up and everything was fine.. the guy said it would pass fine but one of the systems hasn't started yet.. when I looked at the ODBII scanner again.. the only one left to start was the H02 Sensors.

The owner of Alljeep.com, Wayne Hartwig will work within your budget!!! He is very informative to anyone not knowing much about axle work and will meet or beat any competitor's advertised price on any specific product delivered to your door - even if he sells at cost!
Unscathed is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.