The guessing game! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The guessing game!

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
emiii0

The guessing game!

Ok, well I know this is not a soft top for my TJ, but I don't know where else to post this because I don't know what it goes to....

Last year I bought a Jeep from a used car dealer and he gave me a couple garbage bags of things the previous owner left with the Jeep. This soft top they gave me has buttons along the two rear and back windows and another item, a long black metal bar...Maybe it goes with this soft top...I just have no clue and I'm hoping someone here can tell me what it goes to. Pictures can be found below!

Thanx for the help!

http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=top9jl.jpg
http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bar7fr.jpg

Last edited by emiii0; 06-17-2006 at 04:39 PM..
emiii0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiii0
Ok, well I know this is not a soft top for my TJ, but I don't know where else to post this because I don't know what it goes to....

Last year I bought a Jeep from a used car dealer and he gave me a couple garbage bags of things the previous owner left with the Jeep. This soft top they gave me has buttons along the two rear and back windows and another item, a long black metal bar...Maybe it goes with this soft top...I just have no clue and I'm hoping someone here can tell me what it goes to. Pictures can be found below!

Thanx for the help!

click free
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That thing in the 2nd picture is a BUMPER!

Actually I've no idea, looks like a soft top from a different vehicle. I'd try and get the owners name and number from the dealership and ask them about it - they may want it back.

Or if they won't give it to you - ask them to make a call for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atla
That thing in the 2nd picture is a BUMPER!

Actually I've no idea, looks like a soft top from a different vehicle. I'd try and get the owners name and number from the dealership and ask them about it - they may want it back.

Or if they won't give it to you - ask them to make a call for you.
that is not a bumper its a no drill style window channel for bikini top
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The no drill header looks to be eithor
-best top (the support brackets for the J-hooks are riveted on)
-Rugged Ridge (the support brackers for the J-hooks are bolted on)

The top isnt OEM nor is it a replace-a-top from bestop.
Along the bottom of the top is there a plastic ridge?

It looks you just have eithor parts to a junk top or parts to different types of junk tops. A complete OEM/Bestop replace-a-top will require the following parts.

Frame (two pieces: both are U shaped and semi J-shaped) You'll see what i mean when you see it.
Top (fabric part, has the header built into it)
Three Windows
Rear Retainer Bar
Rear Brackets for the retainer bar.
Female connectors that go onto the open ends of the frame to clip into the rollbar.
Door surrounds
Rubber gaskets for the bottom of the door surrounds (whole bunch of electrical tape can do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #6
VTMurphy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Top looks alot like the soft top for a Suzuki Samuri . They have snaps along the edge like that and would be a little smaller than a Jeep top .
I agree that the other piece looks like a no-drill header .
VTMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.