Guages and Radio doesn't work after radio install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Guages and Radio doesn't work after radio install

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
HoosierDaddyTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Guages and Radio doesn't work after radio install

I installed an aftermarket CD player in an ammo box under my backseat after the stereo that came with the jeep got stolen. Now, not only does the CD player not work, my gauges also do not work. They worked perfectly before.

I'm positive that this is my fault in one way or another. What could I have done? I checked all of the fuses and double checked my wiring. It's all okay. The panel lights work and my warning lights still turn on. It runs fine, just no radio or gauges.

I know that electrical is a pain in the rump and makes about as much sense as paranormal activity or psychics. Please help me.

I wave at other Jeeps and get my feelings hurt if they don't wave back.

99 TJ 4.0L ALL BLACK, 2 in RE BB and 32X10.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials
HoosierDaddyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
HoosierDaddyTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Blah. . .

Just as I figured. No help.

I wave at other Jeeps and get my feelings hurt if they don't wave back.

99 TJ 4.0L ALL BLACK, 2 in RE BB and 32X10.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials
HoosierDaddyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
bikerman02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Check the I.O.D fuse in the fuse box under the hood. Buddy of mine gauges and radio didn't work turned out to be that fuse. Sorry if ya already checked it but a lot of people forget the fuses under the hood.
bikerman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #4
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bikerman's right. It's fuse 20 (10A) in the under hood PDC.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.