Groaning & Vibration after new Ball-Joints - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Groaning & Vibration after new Ball-Joints

Paracord grab handles, door limiting, etc at JeepHut.comRough Country Deals at JeepHut.comNew! JK/U skid plate system.

Unread 05-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Djesse08
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Groaning & Vibration after new Ball-Joints

New Ball Joints, upper & lower. Still crazy vibration starting at 45 and building up to 50, then slows from 53-55 where it rides smooth, and at 60 it starts vibrating again but an overpowering groaning from the front end. New wheels and tires OTW. Hopefully its just these older tires causing the problem. Running Maxxis 285/75/16's on OEM wheels, that have been run a bit on bad ball joints, I bought the JEEP with. Thought they would make the summer when I bought it but dry rotting and cracking. Black Rock 997's 15X8's OTW with LT33X10.5R-15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO C Tires. Any other ideas on what might be wrong if this doesn't work? ( All New, Steering stabilizer/Teraflex, MOOG Ball-Joints, RH/FRNT MOOG Hub. My local shop recommends new adjustable track bars and control arms (Some kind of aftermarket CA's on it right now) but after new needed tires the price is out of my league. The track bars make sense to me with the lift. Chasing down a budget 4" lift issue I'm sure but if anything common has happened let me know. Any Info appreciated.

Djesse08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #2
PA_LJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Fwiw I like moog parts and they are highly recommended for a lot of applications however my experience here and elsewhere is that "on a jeep" nothing beats spicer ball joints and timken wheel bearings.

Hopefully someone can chime in with a suggestion about your mechanical issue.

Are you sure your vibration isnt elsewhere in the drivetrain?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.