The great tummy tuck debate - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The great tummy tuck debate

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #61
diablo_331
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
That's an incredibly retarded thing to say. Since that's the case, it's amazing anyone other than Kia manages to sell a single car. Why are you driving a Jeep when you can drive anything else? Why would you ever choose anything that's NOT the cheapest option? After all, they all do the same thing in the end.

No, you choose things based on how well they get the job done, how complete they are, how well designed, how they look, and about 50 other considerations.

You can't argue that one's not better than the other since in the end they all do the same thing (which is debatable on the finer points) as a response to someone pointing out all the advantages of a lighter, better-designed, more complete choice.

If someone suggests a Savvy product and says why, then the proper response isn't, "Wow how can you even see to type when your head is buried so deeply into Blaine's crotch?" If you think there's a better choice, awesome, point out what it is and why you think that. Otherwise, seriously, you should consider shutting the hell up.
BTW. Where did I ever say that the cheapest option is the best? My point really wasn't geared toward the products. It was geared toward the fact that "your head is buried so deeply into Blaine's crotch".

I will say it again. I am very happy with every Savvy product that I own. I truely think they were, pay attention here.....Ready? The best option for me. NOT the best option. period. the end.

Unread 07-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #62
rubicon20032003

I had my aev on in like a hour and half on my rubicon.The directions werent bad at all.If you read them and understand whats on your jeep.The novak shifter linkage made it easy
rubicon20032003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #63
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

No, you choose things based on how well they get the job done, how complete they are, how well designed, how they look, and about 50 other considerations.
I'd somewhat disagree since you didn't spell out the rest of your considerations. A lot of times, the process is more important than the end result. I know there are times when I just plain enjoy working on rigs and it doesn't matter what I'm doing, just the work is fun and enjoyable. Especially if I'm working on brakes or steering.

Quote:
You can't argue that one's not better than the other since in the end they all do the same thing (which is debatable on the finer points) as a response to someone pointing out all the advantages of a lighter, better-designed, more complete choice.
Folks will make their choices on a host of considerations. All we can do is throw out our best efforts and see what happens.
Unread 07-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #64
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo_331 View Post
I will say it again. I am very happy with every Savvy product that I own. I truely think they were, pay attention here.....Ready? The best option for me. NOT the best option. period. the end.
Dude, I don't care if you can show me your blue dress with Blaine's violent leavings on it. Your pointless bashing sucks and is annoying. Nobody here said, "Savvy just because." IIRC, every time someone suggested Savvy, they said why, giving him the info he needs to make up his own mind. Maybe you can pull your head out and deal with it like an adult rather than some sort of awkward teenage cool-guy bandwagoning.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #65
diablo_331
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Dude, I don't care if you can show me your blue dress with Blaine's violent leavings on it. Your pointless bashing sucks and is annoying. Nobody here said, "Savvy just because." IIRC, every time someone suggested Savvy, they said why, giving him the info he needs to make up his own mind. Maybe you can pull your head out and deal with it like an adult rather than some sort of awkward teenage cool-guy bandwagoning.
I don't own a blue dress. All of the people who worship eveything that the folks at Savvy do sucks and is annoying. No one here said Savvy and didn't give a reason. But you and I both know that it happens all the time here. I am not the one with my head that's somewhere it doesn't belong, I am not a teenager, and again I am not the one getting drug behind the bandwagon.

I think that I have proved my point that I have a thick skin since that's the only thing that an argument like this proves. Have a good one Deacon.
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #66
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
There will be a system for your model Jeep coming out soon. For all the other Jeep TJ models as well. You shouldn't be disappointed with the UCF system either. It is still a nice system.
My next trip is scheduled for the first week of October and I don't think my oil pan can withstand another un-armored trip. Any idea how soon the 97-02 Savvy system will be out? I probably need to order within the next 4-6 weeks. Heck I'd even settle for a rough around the edges prototype. Just sayin...
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #67
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo_331 View Post
...Oh believe me..You and all of the other minons have made your points over and over and over and over.
That's why I generally do not talk much about the products because other people can. As far as the Under Armor system goes, there isn't many out there. Only a couple in fact. That's why I choose to speak on it, because I have seen it and all the pieces in person. I know what goes into the system and how well it is designed.

Quote:
"Wow how can you even see to type when your head is buried so deeply into Blaine's crotch?"
Too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
My next trip is scheduled for the first week of October and I don't think my oil pan can withstand another un-armored trip. Any idea how soon the 97-02 Savvy system will be out? I probably need to order within the next 4-6 weeks. Heck I'd even settle for a rough around the edges prototype. Just sayin...
That's a question for the designer and marketer. I think it's just a matter of them getting it done, and when they want to sell it.

Tags
rokmen , savvy , gas tank , tummy tuck , skid , tj , wrangler , advice , help , clearance

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.