The great tummy tuck debate - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The great tummy tuck debate

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 07-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #16
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khill8469 View Post
I have seen the savvy guys on here. They all seem great and i do agree that this is the best tt out their.
I wish I could show people all of the pieces that go into the Under Armor system. Gerald is a great guy to deal with as well. Talk to him on the phone once, and you will want to order everything from him.

If you go with Savvy you will not regret it. It may seem to be the most expensive, but for everything you are getting it is cheap. Where else can you get a fully bolt on system that gives you a crossmember for the tranny/tcase? It is also built as a mandatory engine tranny skid. The skid is one piece from the front of the engine to the back of the tcase.

I really can't say enough about the system. You have to see it to believe it.

Unread 07-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #17
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
I wish I could show people all of the pieces that go into the Under Armor system.
Generally more pieces do not make a better design, but in this case having the cross member support feature sounds nice, I could have used something like that on mine once or twice by now.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #18
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ View Post
Generally more pieces do not make a better design, but in this case having the cross member support feature sounds nice, I could have used something like that on mine once or twice by now.
It's the pieces that make the system complete. Without them you can run into problems. It's not like it's a million pieces just the the tummy tuck. It's the Bl and the MML, and the low profile transmission bracket, and the exhaust hanger that go with the system. Every piece to the system has it's purpose. Blaine doesn't make something unless it serves a purpose.
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #19
rubicon20032003

Buy the aev one and dont mess around.Theirs is far better then anyones on the market.Dont have to mess with bl or mml
rubicon20032003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #20
khill8469
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ive been watching the savvy post for like 4 months. and i wanted it every sence i saw the plan in action. So i probly will end up getting it. just want to make sure my first impression was the right one. i know im probly looking into spending $3000 by the time im done getting everything and paying to put it in. so every cent i save will get it done sooner.
khill8469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #21
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon20032003 View Post
Buy the aev one and dont mess around.Theirs is far better then anyones on the market.Dont have to mess with bl or mml
It's the best because it bolts on stock, and is less work?
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #22
Weeeee
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you go with the Savvy you can use your 1.25 BL but you have to use their MML. It uses the stock MM's with a Savvy front crossmember, I verified this with Gerald.
Weeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Really? That is a BIG claim to make...

UCF makes some great stuff and probably who I will go with if I decide to replace my EMP skid one day. I love the Savvy underarmor but that is a lot of money for me right now. If you've already got the SYE/driveshaft and upper adjustable arms then it won't be quite as bad.

A major plus to Savvy is being able to drop the skid and still having the trans supported. Every time I drop my t-case skid I wish I had that.
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
UTWeezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #24
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTWeezul View Post
Really? That is a BIG claim to make...

UCF makes some great stuff and probably who I will go with if I decide to replace my EMP skid one day. I love the Savvy underarmor but that is a lot of money for me right now. If you've already got the SYE/driveshaft and upper adjustable arms then it won't be quite as bad.

A major plus to Savvy is being able to drop the skid and still having the trans supported. Every time I drop my t-case skid I wish I had that.
The Nth TT (AEV now owns) doesn't require the MML or BL, and gets exactly the same job done, with a design that has been around much longer than the UFC stuff. I would think that is a pretty good concept??
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #25
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The Nth TT (AEV now owns) doesn't require the MML or BL, and gets exactly the same job done, with a design that has been around much longer than the UFC stuff. I would think that is a pretty good concept??
It protects the underside, any of the skids do that. How far does it hang below the frame? Clearance under that part of the body is some of the most valuable you can get. That's why any high level rig has a flat skid.
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #26
rubicon20032003

Why do you need to drop your transfer anyways.it isnt like you do it one a week.Never drop mine since 04.Plus aev is like $525 .Whats savvys package like$1500 thats a big differance in coin to get a engine skid

A major plus to Savvy is being able to drop the skid and still having the trans supported. Every time I drop my t-case skid I wish I had that.[/QUOTE]
rubicon20032003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #27
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Why do you need to drop your transfer anyways.it isnt like you do it one a week.Never drop mine since 04.Plus aev is like $525 .Whats savvys package like$1500 thats a big differance in coin to get a engine skid
No. This is more then an engine skid. There is a reason it is called Under Armor. It protects the entire drivetrain it's meant to.

The crossmemeber also adds in extra strength. It will support the entire weight of the Jeep, IIRC.
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #28
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
It protects the underside, any of the skids do that. How far does it hang below the frame? Clearance under that part of the body is some of the most valuable you can get. That's why any high level rig has a flat skid.
1.25" at least on mine.
moonrocks4_small.jpg  
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #29
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
1.25" at least on mine.
That is pretty good. I missed your first post, I was on my phone at the time. There is not doubt that there are skids that compare in clearance. It's a matter of what each person feels is right for them. Savvy isn't for everyone, but it is sure one heck of a system. My vote will always go to Savvy. There is a lot that goes into the system that we don't know about. Small things that we would never guess.
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #30
CaptGeno
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ok from what i read it looks like everyone is pro savvy, i dont mean to open this can but i have an 05 X auto stock, what would i need for a TT? thanks
CaptGeno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rokmen , savvy , gas tank , tummy tuck , skid , tj , wrangler , advice , help , clearance

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.