Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Got tires but lift backordered... my question is

979 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  DevilDogDoc 
#1 ·
Ok so i ordered a lift and tires for my 05 Rubi, the tires are here and the lift is backordered. Now my problem is my 31's are almost new so im selling them to a friend and he wants them asap. i'm putting 33's on it but of course have no lift yet! has anyone put 33's with no lift just to be street driven for now? it would only be till my lift comes in, either that or it sits on blocks until then. Any idea?

#3 ·
If you are literally stuck between putting the jeep up on stands until the lift comes in, or putting on the 33's I would put on the 33's, yes they will likely rub here and there, but if it is only for street use, for the time being, you can probably get by. Otherwise, I agree with Unlimited04, tell your friend to exercise some patience, and you will get the tires to him as soon as your lift comes in, he will understand. My 2 cents, good luck.

#4 ·
and then, every time you see your friend, flat spot your tires with the brakes. I would say step on the gas out of the hole, but it would not matter on my jeep/

you can run the 33" on there just take it easy on the speed bumps and don't go off road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.