got rear-ended this morning...where to go for parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > got rear-ended this morning...where to go for parts?

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 07-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
Jayson44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

got rear-ended this morning...where to go for parts?

so I got hit by some guy talking on his cell phone this morning. he hit me hard enough to smash the tank into the shocks and axle, and to not allow me to drive off.

but yeah, i have a dana 35 axle...I'm not sure if it's damaged enough to be replace, but I'm hoping so. the tub is tweaked a little in the back, and the bumper (aftermarket) is gonna need replacing as well. he hit me going probably 50-55...anyways, where do you go to replace parts like that? when progressive comes to do an inspection, will they replace all that? can I replace that stuff (gas tank, axle, tub) w/aftermarket parts?

if the axle needs to be replaced, are they gonna put another 35 back in there? I'd rather upgrade if I can...how should I go about taking care of this?

J.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #280
I build websites
Jayson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

if the tank smashed into the diff, the frame is probably bent. and based on how fast he hit you, that is probably the case indeed. rear tub damage is hard to fix, unless you just patch over it with corner armor. i'm guessing it will be totalled.

don't expect progressive to cover aftermarket stuff or modified things, but definitely fight them on it to the best of your ability. the best thing you can do is take it to the Jeep dealership and get a full estimate for repairs. then tell the insurance thats whats needed to fix it...see if they'll cut you a check, then have a less expensive shop do whatever work you can't do, and spend the rest on a D44, corner armor, or whatever is needed to get the Jeep fixed and drivable again.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Jayson44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I dont' know that it will be totaled, as it doesn't look that bad...he was driving a nissa altema, so he mostly hit from the bumper down...the tub just looked a little tweaked right below the tailgate...I didn't have my spare on the back, so it the tailgate seems fine.

but yeah, the tank was pushed up against the trackbar mount in the back as well as the shocks...

J.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #280
I build websites
Jayson44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wreck , damage , replacement , parts , tj , wrangler , axle , gas tank , rear bumper

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.