Got my VIN today... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Got my VIN today...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #1
Karrde

Got my VIN today...

So after pestering my dealer for a while he was finally able to get me a VIN on my order. This at least lets me know that things are progressing.

But when do they assign the VIN to the vehicle? Is it just before production starts?, is it after the body and frame are togther, or is it when the vehicle is done, and my Jeep should be sitting in the lot waiting to get shipped?

Anyone have any clue?

Unread 04-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
b3x
2005 LJ Wrangler 

its assigned when the order is entered into DC's system, before the actual build begins. your better off calling DC directly for updates.
Unread 04-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
Karrde

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3x
its assigned when the order is entered into DC's system, before the actual build begins. your better off calling DC directly for updates.
Why am I just getting more and more upset... what delay exists between when you place the order at the dealer and this happens???

Edit: Oh and where would I call DC direct?

Last edited by Karrde; 04-01-2005 at 08:38 PM..
Karrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #4
ieatchickens
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Don't you just wish the factory would have a live satellite link to the factory where Jeep buyers could actually follw their Jeeps through the assembly line?

DC are ya listening?
98' SE, Chili Pepper Red, grizzly wheels, 126AA/103AA to 129AA/105AA coil swap, 3/4" spacer, 31 Yoko Geolander AT, soft top, rear view mirror turned upside down, door straps twisted, rubicon wipers, optional factory rear sway bar, doors & top on.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member #1
06' Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 liter V8
99' Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 liter V8
ieatchickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #5
barneybadase

Did you have your dealer try to locate one first with the options you wanted instead of ordering? I bought a rubi yesterday, first I thought I was definitely going to order and was figuring on waiting 2 months. He said lets do a quick dealer search and see what we can find. 2 minutes later he had located what I wanted 100 miles away and it would be here next week.

I looked at your invoice and it doesnt seem that your options are uncommon, just a thought.

I wanted a SWB black rubi with dual tops, 6spd, security group, got that but I had to take the leather steering wheel and floor mats with it since it had those too. My dealer said they would bring in jeeps from 6 local states: PA obviously, MD, NY, NJ, OH, VA, WV.

I have seen where others have found what they wanted after an order and then canceled the order.

2004 F350 Lariat Powerstroke [COLOR=Blue]Blue[/COLOR]/[COLOR=SandyBrown]Tan[/COLOR] Edge 4.5" 35" BFG's
barneybadase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #6
aquavir

I ordered my Rubi Unlimited the first week of March and it ships today. So I think it was worth it to get exactly what I wanted. Also the dealer would only give me wholesale on what they had in stock or an order...not a transfer.
aquavir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #7
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneybadase
Did you have your dealer try to locate one first with the options you wanted instead of ordering? I bought a rubi yesterday, first I thought I was definitely going to order and was figuring on waiting 2 months. He said lets do a quick dealer search and see what we can find. 2 minutes later he had located what I wanted 100 miles away and it would be here next week.

I looked at your invoice and it doesnt seem that your options are uncommon, just a thought.

I wanted a SWB black rubi with dual tops, 6spd, security group, got that but I had to take the leather steering wheel and floor mats with it since it had those too. My dealer said they would bring in jeeps from 6 local states: PA obviously, MD, NY, NJ, OH, VA, WV.

I have seen where others have found what they wanted after an order and then canceled the order.
I did the same thing... and had the same thing happen to me. The Jeep literally got unloaded off the truck and then it was shipped 100 miles to MA. Just like getting ordered.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
Red Rubycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrde
Why am I just getting more and more upset... what delay exists between when you place the order at the dealer and this happens???

Edit: Oh and where would I call DC direct?
just get an ETC from the dealer and wait for them to build it.
Red Rubycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2005, 07:56 AM   #9
b3x
2005 LJ Wrangler 

it takes between 4-6 weeks from order to build... once it gets onto the assembly line it goes very quickly, like under 48 hours. then it gets shipped, and from ther it depends on how far away from toledo ohio you are.

The phone number can be found on jeep.com ... there is a link called "Contact Us" surprisingly enough, on the lower right ... i recommend trying there.
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #10
Karrde

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneybadase
The color combo is what killed me. For some stupid reason all the Deep Beryl Green Sports in a 500mi radius (except one) had Kakhi Interior/Tops, and I hate hate hate hate hate Kakhi. Which is stupid since Grey/Black is the defaut color when you "assemble" it on the website. The issue with the one was it was in Northern Jersery (I'm in Southern Virginia) and they wanted to drive it down. Told them to bite me and order what I wanted.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.