JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Got my VIN today... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/got-my-vin-today-150577/)

Karrde 04-01-2005 08:01 PM

Got my VIN today...

So after pestering my dealer for a while he was finally able to get me a VIN on my order. This at least lets me know that things are progressing.

But when do they assign the VIN to the vehicle? Is it just before production starts?, is it after the body and frame are togther, or is it when the vehicle is done, and my Jeep should be sitting in the lot waiting to get shipped?

Anyone have any clue?

b3x 04-01-2005 08:05 PM

its assigned when the order is entered into DC's system, before the actual build begins. your better off calling DC directly for updates.

Karrde 04-01-2005 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3x
its assigned when the order is entered into DC's system, before the actual build begins. your better off calling DC directly for updates.

Why am I just getting more and more upset... what delay exists between when you place the order at the dealer and this happens???

Edit: Oh and where would I call DC direct?

ieatchickens 04-01-2005 08:33 PM

Don't you just wish the factory would have a live satellite link to the factory where Jeep buyers could actually follw their Jeeps through the assembly line? :thumbsup:

DC are ya listening?

barneybadase 04-02-2005 09:24 AM

Did you have your dealer try to locate one first with the options you wanted instead of ordering? I bought a rubi yesterday, first I thought I was definitely going to order and was figuring on waiting 2 months. He said lets do a quick dealer search and see what we can find. 2 minutes later he had located what I wanted 100 miles away and it would be here next week.

I looked at your invoice and it doesnt seem that your options are uncommon, just a thought.

I wanted a SWB black rubi with dual tops, 6spd, security group, got that but I had to take the leather steering wheel and floor mats with it since it had those too. My dealer said they would bring in jeeps from 6 local states: PA obviously, MD, NY, NJ, OH, VA, WV.

I have seen where others have found what they wanted after an order and then canceled the order.

aquavir 04-02-2005 10:01 AM

I ordered my Rubi Unlimited the first week of March and it ships today. So I think it was worth it to get exactly what I wanted. Also the dealer would only give me wholesale on what they had in stock or an order...not a transfer.

Rocky529 04-02-2005 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barneybadase
Did you have your dealer try to locate one first with the options you wanted instead of ordering? I bought a rubi yesterday, first I thought I was definitely going to order and was figuring on waiting 2 months. He said lets do a quick dealer search and see what we can find. 2 minutes later he had located what I wanted 100 miles away and it would be here next week.

I looked at your invoice and it doesnt seem that your options are uncommon, just a thought.

I wanted a SWB black rubi with dual tops, 6spd, security group, got that but I had to take the leather steering wheel and floor mats with it since it had those too. My dealer said they would bring in jeeps from 6 local states: PA obviously, MD, NY, NJ, OH, VA, WV.

I have seen where others have found what they wanted after an order and then canceled the order.

I did the same thing... and had the same thing happen to me. The Jeep literally got unloaded off the truck and then it was shipped 100 miles to MA. Just like getting ordered.

Red Rubycon 04-02-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karrde
Why am I just getting more and more upset... what delay exists between when you place the order at the dealer and this happens???

Edit: Oh and where would I call DC direct?

just get an ETC from the dealer and wait for them to build it.

b3x 04-03-2005 07:56 AM

it takes between 4-6 weeks from order to build... once it gets onto the assembly line it goes very quickly, like under 48 hours. then it gets shipped, and from ther it depends on how far away from toledo ohio you are.

The phone number can be found on jeep.com ... there is a link called "Contact Us" surprisingly enough, on the lower right ... i recommend trying there.

Karrde 04-04-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barneybadase

The color combo is what killed me. For some stupid reason all the Deep Beryl Green Sports in a 500mi radius (except one) had Kakhi Interior/Tops, and I hate hate hate hate hate Kakhi. Which is stupid since Grey/Black is the defaut color when you "assemble" it on the website. The issue with the one was it was in Northern Jersery (I'm in Southern Virginia) and they wanted to drive it down. Told them to bite me and order what I wanted.

The time now is 08:41 PM.