Got a check engine light today on my 98 TJ after replacing a brake line last night. T - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Got a check engine light today on my 98 TJ after replacing a brake line last night. T

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
calhoward96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got a check engine light today on my 98 TJ after replacing a brake line last night. T

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/LnLYS6H.jpg

I had to disconnect this hose and another to get a new brake line in. Apparently I didn't put it back on snugly enough because when I left from work today I found the check engine light was on. I noticed this hose was disconnected when I looked under the hood, so I put it back on thinking I'd solved the issue. The light is still on. I've had no issues with the engine thus far, no overheating, oil is fine. I dunno what to do from here besides rolling it into a shop, but I've never had to repair the TJ at an auto shop and I'd prefer to solve this myself, especially since it seems I know exactly what caused it. Advice?

calhoward96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoward96 View Post
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/LnLYS6H.jpg

I had to disconnect this hose and another to get a new brake line in. Apparently I didn't put it back on snugly enough because when I left from work today I found the check engine light was on. I noticed this hose was disconnected when I looked under the hood, so I put it back on thinking I'd solved the issue. The light is still on. I've had no issues with the engine thus far, no overheating, oil is fine. I dunno what to do from here besides rolling it into a shop, but I've never had to repair the TJ at an auto shop and I'd prefer to solve this myself, especially since it seems I know exactly what caused it. Advice?
Some codes take a little while to reset. If you want to reset manually disconnect the battery for a little while. Could be useful to have the code read and confirm it is related to the vacuum hose ior is coincidentally a different issue.
Unread 09-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
calhoward96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Some codes take a little while to reset. If you want to reset manually disconnect the battery for a little while. Could be useful to have the code read and confirm it is related to the vacuum hose ior is coincidentally a different issue.
Thanks, problem solved.
calhoward96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.