Got a check engine light today on my 98 TJ after replacing a brake line last night. T - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Got a check engine light today on my 98 TJ after replacing a brake line last night. T

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
calhoward96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got a check engine light today on my 98 TJ after replacing a brake line last night. T

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/LnLYS6H.jpg

I had to disconnect this hose and another to get a new brake line in. Apparently I didn't put it back on snugly enough because when I left from work today I found the check engine light was on. I noticed this hose was disconnected when I looked under the hood, so I put it back on thinking I'd solved the issue. The light is still on. I've had no issues with the engine thus far, no overheating, oil is fine. I dunno what to do from here besides rolling it into a shop, but I've never had to repair the TJ at an auto shop and I'd prefer to solve this myself, especially since it seems I know exactly what caused it. Advice?

calhoward96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoward96 View Post
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/LnLYS6H.jpg

I had to disconnect this hose and another to get a new brake line in. Apparently I didn't put it back on snugly enough because when I left from work today I found the check engine light was on. I noticed this hose was disconnected when I looked under the hood, so I put it back on thinking I'd solved the issue. The light is still on. I've had no issues with the engine thus far, no overheating, oil is fine. I dunno what to do from here besides rolling it into a shop, but I've never had to repair the TJ at an auto shop and I'd prefer to solve this myself, especially since it seems I know exactly what caused it. Advice?
Some codes take a little while to reset. If you want to reset manually disconnect the battery for a little while. Could be useful to have the code read and confirm it is related to the vacuum hose ior is coincidentally a different issue.
Unread 09-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
calhoward96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Some codes take a little while to reset. If you want to reset manually disconnect the battery for a little while. Could be useful to have the code read and confirm it is related to the vacuum hose ior is coincidentally a different issue.
Thanks, problem solved.
calhoward96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.