Good LCG lift/Tube fender combo for 35s - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 08-17-2017, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Bdk4life
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Good LCG lift/Tube fender combo for 35s

Title says it all. What are some good LCG lift, and fender combos that you guys are running. Wanna run 35s but dont wanna jack my ride up too high. I know about all the other stuff i need to do to accommodate the 35s (axles, shafts, etc...), I just want recommendations on lift kits, and tube fenders. Will be towing a boat and have a mix of highway driving and moderate trail, and I have to use major roads to get to where i wheel and to where i wanna tow the boat, i hope that's enough info to provide some good recommendations.

Boat is a technical polling skiff at less than 1000 pounds with motor.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 08-17-2017, 08:37 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Only fenders that really add clearance are highline fenders. Yes, marketing spin makes a lot of claims, but don't believe all of it. Are you prepared to do a true highline?

What do you consider LCG? Was a term that was trendy a few years ago, in response to old school 6"+ lifts. There are people that do the belly dragger thing here, but a lot of people look for a happy medium.
post #3 of 41 Old 08-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

There's a lot more to it than "lifts and fenders."
Mud Machine and Wannagojeep like this.

OlllllllO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IndyORV

post #4 of 41 Old 08-17-2017, 10:16 PM
CGrugger
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of wheeling do you do?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2005 TJ X: 2" RE spacer lift, 32"x11.5" tires, 1.25" Zone body lift, Curry Antirock sway bar.
post #5 of 41 Old 08-17-2017, 10:24 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
What kind of suspension travel are you after? Are you going to add a tummy tuck and raise the gas tank?

2003 Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 41 Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 AM
TheBoogieman
Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

So many questions, so little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
post #7 of 41 Old 08-18-2017, 05:42 AM
uhohthe50
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Not sure if mine is considered a LCOG but I'm running 35's on my LJ with Genright Fenders and the OME 2.5" lift. Also have a 1.25" body lift. I just did a Savvy tummy tuck so I don't have any good pics of that. Expect to spend 1500 to $2000 on the TT if you are buying a kit and want to do it right.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170720_210235(1).jpg   IMG_20170718_180831.jpg   IMG_20170506_172159.jpg   IMG_20170506_172536.jpg  

My 1990 YJ Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/might-well-start-build-thread-now-my-1990-yj-1291174/
post #8 of 41 Old 08-18-2017, 05:55 AM
sdjp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

When I was just getting into building my TJ I fell for Metalcloak's "run 35" tires with no lift". That means you'll be able to drive around town but not wheel it to any real extent by my definition.
The fenders are bombproof and and I truly love them now that I have a few inches of lift for my 35"s to move around considerably.

Without knowing your intended use and only judging by the LCOG desire I'd recommend true high line front fenders, mod cut the tub for rears, and a tummy tuck for sure; which most likely will require a conservative 1.25 body lift. You can then do some light wheeling but anything more aggressive than that would require 2-3" suspension lift IMO.

Good luck with the process and research the heck out of it before buying anything, try to plan it all the way through instead of letting excitement get the better of you. Yes I'm speaking from experience!
post #9 of 41 Old 08-18-2017, 03:15 PM
jamesdart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm stuck now myself. I did want fenders but I'm not sure I want to go highline. Part of me thinks my jeep would look goofy with the amount of lift, body lift, and highline fenders with 35s. I'm not going bigger than 35 with the D30. I started a post a couple weeks ago and was Really hoping guys would post up some pics of highlines and 35s.
post #10 of 41 Old 08-18-2017, 04:45 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohthe50 View Post
Not sure if mine is considered a LCOG but I'm running 35's on my LJ with Genright Fenders and the OME 2.5" lift. Also have a 1.25" body lift. I just did a Savvy tummy tuck so I don't have any good pics of that. Expect to spend 1500 to $2000 on the TT if you are buying a kit and want to do it right.
Fenders like those aren't much better than stock in terms of uptravel. Remember, the flexible plastic flare moves out for the way. The hood line is still the limit. If the tube fender is wider than the factory steel fender, there may actually be less ability to flex than stock. The benefit in terms of clearance comes from the wider wheel opening where a larger tire may scrape the back side of the wheel well.

2003 Rubicon

post #11 of 41 Old 08-18-2017, 05:50 PM
sdjp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdart
I'm stuck now myself. I did want fenders but I'm not sure I want to go highline. Part of me thinks my jeep would look goofy with the amount of lift, body lift, and highline fenders with 35s. I'm not going bigger than 35 with the D30. I started a post a couple weeks ago and was Really hoping guys would post up some pics of highlines and 35s.
I agree I like the look of big tires with minimal lift but the reality is for the kind of off-roading I do plenty of room is needed. So give a hard look at what your intended use is.

Some rigs do just fine with minimal lift in some tough areas. Look at the rig "Niblet" from Rockmen offroad.

Also not all 35" tires are alike. My brand new 35" BFG KM2's only measure 33.4", while Goodyear MTR's are more of a true 35. Makes a big difference as far as visuals go but I like the way BFG rubber wears better.
post #12 of 41 Old 08-19-2017, 06:52 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjp View Post
Some rigs do just fine with minimal lift in some tough areas. Look at the rig "Niblet" from Rockmen offroad.
Niblet looked good, but how much uptravel did it actually have?
post #13 of 41 Old 08-19-2017, 07:53 AM
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
They added a 2.5" lift and the compressed length of the OME long travel shocks are 15.43" so it has .5" more uptravel then stock. With all the weight they added, I would guess they lost an inch of lift height so probably somewhere between 3-3.5" of uptravel (unless they added a spacer).
post #14 of 41 Old 08-19-2017, 07:57 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by afusco1222 View Post
They added a 2.5" lift and the compressed length of the OME long travel shocks are 15.43" so it has .5" more uptravel then stock. With all the weight they added, I would guess they lost an inch of lift height so probably somewhere between 3-3.5" of uptravel (unless they added a spacer).
And that just doesn't seem that great to me. Seems like doing something for the sake of doing it, not because its going to work well on trails.
post #15 of 41 Old 08-19-2017, 08:22 AM
sdjp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjp View Post
Couldn't agree with you more, it didn't have a crazy amount for sure. Afusco chimed in with the details (thx) however the perspective I was trying to convey was that not all OHV areas or types of off-roaders need more than that. I do, which is why I have more room around my wheels. Niblet would probably get destroyed at JV but does just fine on some nasty trails in Colorado Springs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.