Is this a good deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is this a good deal?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
bigdog101

Is this a good deal?

hey guys. I found this tj and its pretty close to where I live, and idk if this is a good price. If its not, what is? what would be some things to look for? Thanks!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...396748368.html

bigdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
k2quad163
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Other than he referred to it as a truck
k2quad163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

id say about average price. i wouldnt pay anymore than that. watch for scammers on CL.

The Build
cfmiller58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog101 View Post
hey guys. I found this tj and its pretty close to where I live, and idk if this is a good price. If its not, what is? what would be some things to look for? Thanks!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...396748368.html
i got my 2000 I6 sport with 60,000 for $7500 2 years ago so id say his asking price is a little high but it depends because jeep prices vary depending where youa re in the country...supply and DEMAND
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
hefightsfire
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It looks good to me but check it out in person. Look for rust both on the body and the frame. Ask all the common questions for buying a used vehicle. Get a Carfax, they miss a lot but if it had any major damage it would probably be on there. Look for leaks of any kind. If you meet him where the Jeep is look at the ground under it to see if there are any oil stains. See if the seats and interior are in decent shape. Make sure the doors lock and unlock since it has a hardtop. Look at the tires and see if there is any uneven tire wear. Look at the front and read diff for leaks.

I'm sure you'll get some better advice from the JF heavyweights but that's where I'd start. Hope it helps.

Abraham Lincoln
hefightsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
bigdog101

thanks guys. the price for it seems lower than usual compared to most jeeps in this area. thats why id like to look at it. ive seen it while riving but haven't seen it up close yet. hopefully ill get a chance to check it out soon. im not in need of a vehicle at this point, but if i could get a deal on it id do it. otherwise, do you guys think values will drop in 6(ish) months? thats when i get my license, and want to get a good price on a jeep. Thanks!
bigdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
plowboy1970
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not bad. See if you can score it for $5000
plowboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.