Going topless - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Going topless

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-16-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
grinwa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Going topless

Well, I broke down and took the soft top off today. I put up the bikini and windjammer too. Of course it is still too cold to go without the doors. Maybe tomorrow. Can't wait for it. I have a homemade switch for the dome lights put in and the mirrors to put on too. Supposed to be in the low 70's next week.

Anyone got any thoughts on a duster? I've been thinking about it but not sure yet.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
grinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2005, 11:38 PM   #2
joyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinwa
Well, I broke down and took the soft top off today. I put up the bikini and windjammer too. Of course it is still too cold to go without the doors. Maybe tomorrow. Can't wait for it. I have a homemade switch for the dome lights put in and the mirrors to put on too. Supposed to be in the low 70's next week.

Anyone got any thoughts on a duster? I've been thinking about it but not sure yet.

let us know. i am thinking of one myself.
Unread 04-17-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the duster for my YJ. It really helps keep warmer air in the cabin on those Cold mornings. While there is still some draft your legs will thank you for it. It also helps keep water out of the interior durring a freak rain shower.

Just an FYI, the windjammer comes in handy durring the 115* weather with the top on. It keeps the cool air in the front portion of the cab.
87warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2005, 07:36 AM   #4
FOoLieo

i was thinking about breacking down and getting the windjammer the duster and the bikini but you knwo wat i relised I alrdy got a 2002 chevy 1500 normal cab short bed so..... y do i want another truck?
1997 2.5L Jeep Wrangler, 2"Coil Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33x12.5 BFG Mudd, AR Rims, 6" Bushwacker Fender Flares, SJF Front Bumper, Warn Rear Bumper, Warn Tire Carrier, LoD Rocker Guards, K&N cold air intake.
FOoLieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #5
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinwa

I love my duster, use it all the time-quick and is simple to throw on when I want to keep prying eyesoff my gear in the back. I would recommend getting one.

(Not that you asked, but as a bonus, if you do listen to your stereo in your jeep, and you have any kind of speakers or sub in the back under the duster, the sound trvels back up to you , instead of out.) hardly a performance issue, but a nice side effect.

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...

Last edited by JoonHoss; 04-17-2005 at 08:35 PM..
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2005, 08:25 PM   #6
got4-Lo

50 is good enough for not doors.

[URL]webwheeling.com[/URL]
got4-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
bondo303

I have been running with the bikini/duster combo for 2 weeks now. I don't have the windjammer. It is kinda cold up here in NY but it is getting warmer. As far as the duster. I really like it. Easy to go on/off, looks good, hides your stuff out of sight and keeps it clean especially when it is dusty or muddy on the trail and it is cheap. I can't find any reason not to get one.

48 CJ2A
bondo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2005, 11:54 PM   #8
bockwho

will keep the back clean and dry

i like mine

[COLOR=darkslategray][FONT=book antiqua]My Life is Hard[/FONT] [/COLOR]
bockwho is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.