Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Going topless

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  bockwho 
#1 ·
Well, I broke down and took the soft top off today. I put up the bikini and windjammer too. Of course it is still too cold to go without the doors. Maybe tomorrow. Can't wait for it. I have a homemade switch for the dome lights put in and the mirrors to put on too. Supposed to be in the low 70's next week.

Anyone got any thoughts on a duster? I've been thinking about it but not sure yet.

#2 ·
grinwa said:
Well, I broke down and took the soft top off today. I put up the bikini and windjammer too. Of course it is still too cold to go without the doors. Maybe tomorrow. Can't wait for it. I have a homemade switch for the dome lights put in and the mirrors to put on too. Supposed to be in the low 70's next week.

Anyone got any thoughts on a duster? I've been thinking about it but not sure yet.
let us know. i am thinking of one myself. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
I have the duster for my YJ. It really helps keep warmer air in the cabin on those Cold mornings. While there is still some draft your legs will thank you for it. It also helps keep water out of the interior durring a freak rain shower.

Just an FYI, the windjammer comes in handy durring the 115* weather with the top on. It keeps the cool air in the front portion of the cab. :kiss:

#4 ·
i was thinking about breacking down and getting the windjammer the duster and the bikini but you knwo wat i relised I alrdy got a 2002 chevy 1500 normal cab short bed so..... y do i want another truck?

#5 · (Edited)
grinwa said:

I love my duster, use it all the time-quick and is simple to throw on when I want to keep prying eyesoff my gear in the back. I would recommend getting one.

(Not that you asked, but as a bonus, if you do listen to your stereo in your jeep, and you have any kind of speakers or sub in the back under the duster, the sound trvels back up to you , instead of out.) hardly a performance issue, but a nice side effect.

#7 ·
I have been running with the bikini/duster combo for 2 weeks now. I don't have the windjammer. It is kinda cold up here in NY but it is getting warmer. As far as the duster. I really like it. Easy to go on/off, looks good, hides your stuff out of sight and keeps it clean especially when it is dusty or muddy on the trail and it is cheap. I can't find any reason not to get one. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.