Going doorless...need mirrors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Going doorless...need mirrors

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
Monrozombi

Going doorless...need mirrors

What is the best way to put mirrors on the TJ when the doors are off? I'm not sure where to start looking for them. I'd like to have mirrors when I take the doors off because I don't like not having mirrors. Are replacements available at Pep Boys etc? that can mount to the frame and be somewhat useable?

Thanks

Tires: 33x10.5 BFG Mud Terrain
Rear End: Dana 44 rear
Monrozombi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
charlescho

not having mirrors can be a problem with the local traffic polices....

there are a couple of options,

www.quadratec.com sells some adapters that will let you use your mirrors from your doors, but it comes with a heavy price tag as well...

now some people have been creative and made their own from harley mirrors or any other mirrors lying around...I'm sure they will pop up and help you
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
LSUswanny

i just ordered these

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11046_99.htm
LSUswanny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just use mirror movers which cost about $30.

Like these:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_00.htm
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mirror relocation brackets. Reuse your old mirrors, or scrounge a set for summer.

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techrepor...rors/index.htm
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
Jetmech143

The relocators are the best for your money, you can buy some mirrors that fit where the door pin fits in the hinge but they look kindda tacky in my opinion.
Jetmech143 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
Monrozombi

I like the relocators for $30, they seem the best bet. Does anyone know any B&M stores sell them, really don't wanna wait.
Tires: 33x10.5 BFG Mud Terrain
Rear End: Dana 44 rear
Monrozombi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
Terps1984
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I bought brackets from http://jeepit.com for about 20 bucks, added 5" mirrors from autozone for about 6 bucks. Can't go wrong, no vibration and a better view than stock mirrors. My favorite mod so far.
BFG 32" ATs
Terps1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
Unionbro
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Harley Davidson Universal Long Stem Mirrors work well

http://www.hmhd.com/webstore/viewite...pname=viewprodB

I recently bought this setup and am very happy with it. I came to find out about them from reading on this forum. If you have a local Harley Dealership they can order them and usually would carry them in stock. 24.95 was the price locally for me. The Mirror bolts on the door hing using stock hardware from Harley, I added a stainless washer to the topside to prevent rust.
Unionbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 06:34 PM   #10
Cowboy1629
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ
I just use mirror movers which cost about $30.

Like these:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_00.htm

Will full doors hit the mirror if you leave the bracket on and reinstall your doors?
Cowboy1629 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
phydeaux
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have a pair of "Quick Mirrors" from Quadratec that I use. They're kinda pricey but very easy and simple to use. I like'em.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13120_01.htm
However, I'll probably be going to permanent movers sometime in the future.
Empty
Every
Pocket
phydeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #12
stathunter

I bought relocation brackets last summer and then I had to buy new mirrors---because the mirrors from my 04 will not fill on the relocation brackets. It worked perfect but was a little expensive. I was going to leave them on for the winter but the mirror on the passanger side was very hard to see with my full door on---so I switched back and put the origional mirrors on the doors for winter.
I just purchased safari doors and they have mirror holes --not sure if I am going to find mirrors for the holes or use the ones with the relocation brackets.... (always something to buy!)
stathunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
Dirty Backroads
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unionbro
http://www.hmhd.com/webstore/viewite...pname=viewprodB

I recently bought this setup and am very happy with it. I came to find out about them from reading on this forum. If you have a local Harley Dealership they can order them and usually would carry them in stock. 24.95 was the price locally for me. The Mirror bolts on the door hing using stock hardware from Harley, I added a stainless washer to the topside to prevent rust.
I have a set of these Harley mirrors I want to sell. Barely used. PM me if anyone is interested. They actually work very well for going doorless but if you want to run soft doors they won't work so that's why I don't even use them anymore because I had to invest in a set of mirrors to work with my Bestop soft doors.

Since I run soft doors I needed mirrors that would install on the windshield. So I bought the Quick Mirror 2s from Quadratec. They mount on the A pillar and you can remove them very easily (very convenient for wheeling and when you use the full doors). No need to move your factory mirrors. You just unscrew 'em and leave the base there.

The downside is that with the upper window halves installed the passenger side mirror isn't useable at all. It is useable when you are dooless or don't have the upper window installed. The driver mirror is just fine. However the mirrors do vibrate a bit. I was having a problem with the mirrors moving around and staying tightened but I use an wrench to tighten the nut down and now they stay put.

I like them because they get job done, look good and are great for the trail. If you have soft doors they can't be beat. They aren't cheap though.

Yellow Jeep Club Member #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper111
Nothing like going topless with some Kid Rock blasting looking down on the rice boys with their dropped Civics wondering what Japanese steel would look like under the Mickey Thompsons.
Dirty Backroads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 10:20 PM   #14
NetJunkie

I use these. Cheap and easy. They look great.

http://www.jeepit.com/bracket_gallery_2.htm
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:12 AM   #15
BChamberlin
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phydeaux
I have a pair of "Quick Mirrors" from Quadratec that I use. They're kinda pricey but very easy and simple to use. I like'em.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13120_01.htm
However, I'll probably be going to permanent movers sometime in the future.
I have a pair of chrome quick mirrors for sale... someone was supposed to send me a check but not sure if they have. I never used them.
BChamberlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.