glowing mini cats - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > glowing mini cats

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #31
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had this happen to me on my ZJ after changing spark plugs, rotor cap and cables. I screwed up the firing worded and man were they (header and cat) getting red hot... It wasn't running fine like you say yours does but it sure heated up the garage in no time.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #32
05unlimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necko2529 View Post
I had this happen to me on my ZJ after changing spark plugs, rotor cap and cables. I screwed up the firing worded and man were they (header and cat) getting red hot... It wasn't running fine like you say yours does but it sure heated up the garage in no time.
Yeah I saw my buddy do that to a V10 ford. It got hot quick.......

My problem started when the OPDA began to fail. I was towing a trailer up the grade from LA to Vegas and the floorboards started to get hot. By the time I got over to the shoulder it looked like I had a ground effects neon kit installed. Replaced the OPDA (marked it and lined up the new one) and now the headers/mini cats glow under load. The Cats and exaust are flowing well, there aren't any codes and the milage is the usual 14.4 mpg. I've tried tweaking the OPDA position but it immediately throws a timing code if I rotate it even a fraction of a turn. Its been like this since march. I had pretty much given up trying to fix it until I ran across this old thread describing the exact same problem. Unfortunately, Roadkill hasn't been active in a few years so I can't ask him what ended up being the fix.
05unlimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #33
JEK3
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05unlimit View Post
Unfortunately, Roadkill hasn't been active in a few years so I can't ask him what ended up being the fix.
If you send him a PM, and his email address is still good, he may get the message. Can't hurt to try.
JEK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
05unlimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEK3 View Post
If you send him a PM, and his email address is still good, he may get the message. Can't hurt to try.
One step ahead of you. I sent a pm this morning.
05unlimit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glow , glowing , mini cats , tj , wrangler , idle

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.