Gibson cat back exhaust systems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gibson cat back exhaust systems

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-23-2003, 09:53 PM   #1
GetonYourMark

Gibson cat back exhaust systems

Do they fit well? Do they sound good? How is the quality?

In short -- tell me everything you know (first hand) about Gibson exhaust systems.

Thanks

'02 Liberty 4x4 Sport, 3.7L Auto, bone-stock
GetonYourMark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2003, 07:03 AM   #2
Owen

Though I have never owned one personally I can say that Gibson does make a high quality exhaust. It is a mild tone compared to other exhaust systems. I think I would throw in the extra $100 and go with a borla sytem or the new Banks which a lot of people have been raving about...
Unread 03-24-2003, 07:40 AM   #3
gtflyer

the gibson is pretty good,but like owen said ..spend a few extra dollars and get the Banks cat back system ( I have it!)..If I am not mistaken the gibson system is about $265 and is aluminized,whereas the banks is all stainless with a lifetime warranty for $285., and it sounds great..No brainer really price wise!
gtflyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2003, 07:56 AM   #4
Owen

Quote:
Originally posted by gtflyer
the gibson is pretty good,but like owen said ..spend a few extra dollars and get the Banks cat back system ( I have it!)..If I am not mistaken the gibson system is about $265 and is aluminized,whereas the banks is all stainless with a lifetime warranty for $285., and it sounds great..No brainer really price wise!
I know you are one of the advocates of the banks system..Where did you get it and how much was it. Also does it work ok with lifts and or gas tank skids? Any hitches with the install?
Unread 03-24-2003, 08:32 AM   #5
gtflyer

Yes I am a fan of the system..That is solely because of the construction and the fact it was as good as I expected it to be...I would have been very dissapointed if it was not a quality piece like the rest of the Banks products & it has a pleasing sound as well.Anyway,I got mine from quadratec for $285 and the system is designed to work with a hitch,gas tank shield etc...This is because the tip is adjustable forward and backward and has clearance for these items if they are installed.It aparently will work fine with mosts lifts as well according to a rep at Banks when i called there because the tailpipe does not have quite as big of a bend over the rear end like the others so you get more underbody clearance there as well..banks definately looked at the overall majority of Jeeps and their owners add ons when they designed the system
Unread 03-24-2003, 10:12 AM   #6
TJSahara

I have the gibson, great sound and power, but it rubs my shock absorber. Not sure if it is because of the lift though. Does the banks rub at all with a lift?
Unread 03-24-2003, 10:46 AM   #7
gtflyer

I have heard the Banks kit works with various lift kits..don't know specifically which ones,but you may be able to call them and find out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.