Generic questions....TJ pricing these days and suspension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Generic questions....TJ pricing these days and suspension

Free Flowmaster Gear from Black Friday to Cyber Monday!!!!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueCorbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!

Unread 06-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
93civEJ1

Generic questions....TJ pricing these days and suspension

What is a good price to pay on a TJ that has no rust and in good condition. Doesnt matter if its 2.5 or 4.0 as I plan on swapping that out anyway.

Also, what is a good kit to look at for lifting a TJ to 4 inches or so (required for 4bt swap)...i know i will need to do axles as well.

93civEJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
DipCope
2001 TJ Wrangler 

depends on where you are at. It seems that back east jeeps are pretty cheap. Out here in AZ (n rust granted) a TJ will start at 7k and go up into the teens.
DipCope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
EMTJEEP91
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Like what DipCope said it all depends on where you are located and what time of the year it is. Around here in the Bay Area/ Sacramento are in CA, a TJ with 120k+ miles and some upgrades can go from 5k-13k.

For the lift look at MetalCloak new kit, they have been making a name for them in the suspension world. I run their joints/springs/shocks and I love them and people are starting to like their joints and trackbars more and more once they have heard more info from people and MC them self. http://www.metalcloak.com/TJ-LJ-Wran...tem-p/7153.htm
EMTJEEP91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

4BT swap? Plan on some pretty tall front springs.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
93civEJ1

Yeah...planning on a 4bt swap...yeah it will be heavier...my question I guess is, since I will more than likely be replacing the axles...is there a point in ordering a kit dedicated for a TJ?
93civEJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
Yeah...planning on a 4bt swap...yeah it will be heavier...my question I guess is, since I will more than likely be replacing the axles...is there a point in ordering a kit dedicated for a TJ?
No.
The idea of most "kits" is that they assemble easily ... bolting into stock locations. And coming with parts designed for an otherwise stock vehicle.
Since you're adding a bigger engine and swapping to non-TJ axles, you'll end up having to do a ton of fabrication anyway, so you might as well just get exactly the pieces/brand you want. (as mentioned by someone else, "kit" springs aren't going to work anyway.)
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

TJ prices fluctuate drastically depending on location and season. Buying a TJ right now in Florida will cost you $2-3K more than it would have this past winter.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You can buy 4 banger TJs where I live for $3500-4500.
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
You can buy 4 banger TJs where I live for $3500-4500.
The only Jeep you can get here for that kind of money that isn't a basket case is going to be a YJ, and it will probably be a 4cyl as well. That's why I drove to Georgia farm country to get the wife's Rubicon.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.