gear questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > gear questions

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 05-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
greta
2004 WJ 

gear questions

oftentimes i read about people on this site talking about changing their gearing. can anyone provide a link about how one would go about doing that? i have tried the search feature but with no success.

Last edited by greta; 05-21-2008 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: to add an informative statement...
greta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Dravintoad
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It's not a novice job, you need special tools, and generally anyone here will say to take it to a pro with experience in gears.
FWIW here is a good write-up of what's involved.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Gear_Setup/

edit:sp
Unread 05-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
greta
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravintoad View Post
It's not a novice job, you need special tools, and generally anyone here will say to take it to a pro with experience in gears.
FWIW here is a good write-up of what's involved.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Gear_Setup/

edit:sp
thanks. that is exactly what i was looking for... i was trying to get a general idea of what is involved so i could see if i have what it takes to give it a go... unfortunately i do not. nevertheless, i do appreciate the link!
greta is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.