Gear Pattern Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gear Pattern Help

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 10-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
doclouie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Gear Pattern Help

So I am at it again this weekend so forgive all the posts. Here is the drive side pattern:

drive.jpg

Here is the coast side pattern:

coast.jpg

So what do you think about the patterns? So do you think it is good enough to be finished? It is so subjective that it is hard to know when it is good enough. Oh yea I have .008" of backlash. Thanks for the help.

doclouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pinion could be a tiny bit deeper, but I wouldn't worry about it.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
orangetj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Pinion is a little to deep try pulling out around 3 thousands should get you a lot closer to a perfect pattern

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.