Gear help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gear help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
but then the resident forum elitest still had something snide to say about it...

I guess warn is not "reputable"
Not sure where the elitist comment is coming from. Didn't argue whether it was true or not, just asked whether there was data to back up a statement. Warn is a reasonable source. 4 Wheeler though not so much IMO. Nothing wrong with asking questions or expressing opinions. If you guys take things like that personally, I can't help you.

Unread 11-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
Hosejockey61
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
but then the resident forum elitest still had something snide to say about it...
Why do you have to go off and say that? Don't bang on a guy just because he has the experience to back up his claim. I understand you got your info from a magazine and I would be somewhat skeptical too. You think 4WD really believes Smittybilt is the best thing going? Nope, but they sure sell the hell out of it so that's why they promote it so much.

These "elitists" you refer to back up their statements with experience. You read it in a magazine and it makes you the expert?
Hosejockey61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosejockey61 View Post
Why do you have to go off and say that? Don't bang on a guy just because he has the experience to back up his claim. I understand you got your info from a magazine and I would be somewhat skeptical too. You think 4WD really believes Smittybilt is the best thing going? Nope, but they sure sell the hell out of it so that's why they promote it so much.

These "elitists" you refer to back up their statements with experience. You read it in a magazine and it makes you the expert?
no hes the guy that act likes hes above everyone else. Go read his posts. He asked where he info that an 8.8 was stronger then a 44 someone gives him numbers from a highly respectable company like warn that proves his notion wrong and he acts like its bogus because he did not know the answer. Sorry but the guy has talked down to people even making their first post asking a question.

Guys like Jerry are always nice and helpful, others guy act like people are dumb because their jeep is is still actually a jeep.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #19
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
no hes the guy that act likes hes above everyone else. Go read his posts. He asked where he info that an 8.8 was stronger then a 44 someone gives him numbers from a highly respectable company like warn that proves his notion wrong and he acts like its bogus because he did not know the answer. Sorry but the guy has talked down to people even making their first post asking a question.

Guys like Jerry are always nice and helpful, others guy act like people are dumb because their jeep is is still actually a jeep.
Yes, I have opinions and I ask pointed questions, but I don't belittle people or make things personal. There is nothing wrong with being direct. This is a tech forum after all. And this is not a world where everybody gets a participation trophy. Feel free to put me on ignore!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.