Gauge Cluster problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster problems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 07-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
jlax2485
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Gauge Cluster problems

Hi guys,

I posted a thread a few days ago explaining that my gauge cluster was intermittently going off and on. I have since replaced both the gauge cluster and the male plugs on my 2004 LJ Wrangler. It seemed to solve my problem, until this morning. I went over a slight bump, and my gauges went out again. WTF . So since I've ruled out both the cluster and plugs...where should I look next? There is not a "no bus" message, but almost feels like there could be a damaged wire.

This is getting really frustrating. I'm good at fixing mechanical problems on the jeep, but I'm not good with the electrical system at all. Can anyone please give me some help/advice?

jlax2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
InTheSurf
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Had the same problem when my jeep was still under warranty. Had the dealer make the repair. If I remember correctly I believe they replaced the wire harness.
InTheSurf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
joeaub
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am having a problem in my 03 TJ rubicon. Under wot the tach seems to stick and not go up in rpms as the motor accelerates. Sometimes if I go around a corner hard the air bag light comes on and it beeps. Than it will come right back. Same if I go over a bump.

There must be a bad wire somewhere. If it is common maybe it is the same wire rubbing on something in there

I have taken the cluster out. Checked and cleaned the already spotless terminals and put some dielectric grease in there. I don't think the connector is the issue. Somewhere in the wiring is an issue.
91 Mustang GT supercharged
joeaub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
gauge cluster , instrument panel , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.