Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster LED Install

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 04-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #121
crown1kans
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the great thread....it took about 10 minutes.
Sorry for the bad picture I used my BlackBerry, tomorrow I will do the temp control panel.

Unread 04-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #122
GoldenP51
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2005ride View Post
They are Neo - Wedge LED Instrument Panel Bulbs Type B (t4),for the hvac overdrive rear defroster and windshield wiper if you have them,and if you want on the overdrive, that yellow amber light,when its on is the same bulb just type A (t3) and same on the defroster if you have it.If you want this is the website i got mine from http://autolumination.com/74.htm
There half way down the page and I saw they have new 30% brighter ones ,I don't have those.If you get those take pics

I had a question...right now they light up as green...so does my automatic shifter indicator, I think what is in there now is just a white bulb and they use some green film or something so that whatever bulb you put in it just stays green for the most part.

I tried changing out my bulb down where my auto shifter is to a blue one and they still stayed green but with a minor tinge of green...is this how yours were too? I might of just been using a crappy bulb or something...it wasn't an led and was just from the auto parts store to see if it would work.

Thanks
GoldenP51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #123
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenP51 View Post
I had a question...right now they light up as green...so does my automatic shifter indicator, I think what is in there now is just a white bulb and they use some green film or something so that whatever bulb you put in it just stays green for the most part.

I tried changing out my bulb down where my auto shifter is to a blue one and they still stayed green but with a minor tinge of green...is this how yours were too? I might of just been using a crappy bulb or something...it wasn't an led and was just from the auto parts store to see if it would work.

Thanks
I did the same exact thing. I'm going to take apart the shifter to see if there's a green film or something. I will let you know how it turns out.
Stoked99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 01:57 AM   #124
GoldenP51
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked99 View Post
I did the same exact thing. I'm going to take apart the shifter to see if there's a green film or something. I will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks...it has been really annoying me
Unread 04-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #125
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok so here's the filmy doohicky. Pulled the shifter indicator up and messed with it for a few minutes until I got an edge of it to pop out. Used a pair of needle nose pliers to grab it and it pulled right out. The ripped part is from me trying to pull it from the other direction at first.

Right now, there's no white background to the gear indicator, as in you can see the light bulb through the plastic. I'm going to try putting in a normal piece of white paper in there and see how it works. I will get a picture of it lit up tonight.
Unread 04-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #126
all_clear
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got my blue dash lights done last night, got a pic but will upload it later. Plan on doing my HVAC and AT shift light, along with dome and underdash lights. Will load everything when i update with pics to my rebuild thread.

Oh and when i pulled my dash lights they already had blue cover on them there is no way you can compare blue cover filament bulbs to LEDs. It wasn't blue at all compared to now. Wish i had done a before and after. Might do one if i get really bored.

Nathan
all_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #127
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok so here's the filmy doohicky. Pulled the shifter indicator up and messed with it for a few minutes until I got an edge of it to pop out. Used a pair of needle nose pliers to grab it and it pulled right out. The ripped part is from me trying to pull it from the other direction at first.

Right now, there's no white background to the gear indicator, as in you can see the light bulb through the plastic. I'm going to try putting in a normal piece of white paper in there and see how it works. I will get a picture of it lit up tonight.
Laminate the paper if it looks alright, you don't want that getting wet and turning to dust.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #128
GoldenP51
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Keep me updated! Glad you found that piece of paper...now just need a good replacement :P
Unread 04-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #129
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Laminate the paper if it looks alright, you don't want that getting wet and turning to dust.
That's a good idea. Just gotta find somewhere to laminate it...

The white piece of paper looks great during the day - makes the letters really pop out. Hasn't gotten dark enough yet, but first impressions with the lighting is that it is still greenish. I think it's because of the yellow glow from a the filament mixing with the blue coating making green. Either way, I went ahead and ordered one more pair of LED's to replace the shifter bulb. Should be here in a couple days.

I can snap some pics tonight if you guys want.
Unread 04-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #130
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

you can buy cheap lamination paper at office max or something like that, people use it to laminate individual small things. Make a few different kinds, one with the paper plain, and one with the paper doubled over and folded once. It may make for a cleaner look that way, you never know.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #131
GoldenP51
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's a good idea. Just gotta find somewhere to laminate it...

The white piece of paper looks great during the day - makes the letters really pop out. Hasn't gotten dark enough yet, but first impressions with the lighting is that it is still greenish. I think it's because of the yellow glow from a the filament mixing with the blue coating making green. Either way, I went ahead and ordered one more pair of LED's to replace the shifter bulb. Should be here in a couple days.

I can snap some pics tonight if you guys want.
I'd love to see pics...did you just put in a blue light bulb and put in a white piece of paper so far?
Unread 04-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #132
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenP51 View Post
I'd love to see pics...did you just put in a blue light bulb and put in a white piece of paper so far?
Yep just the blue bulb and paper. I can take some tonight when it gets dark.
Unread 04-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #133
protix
2000 TJ Wrangler 

this should be a sticky!
protix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #134
all_clear
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here's mine... Tooks mins to do, however i've had mine apart a few times now. Can't wait to do the HVAC, Dome and underdash lights.

I'm going to have to look into some new clear needles, the red ones suck but at night i can see them clearly they just didn't show well on the cell pic.
all_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #135
corndogduff

just so im clear, the auto shifter is the same bulb as the cluster, correct?
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.