Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster LED Install

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 12-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #901
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005-TJ View Post
did you use the HP ones from superbrightleds.com? what did you use in your dome?
Yes, HP for gauge cluster and HVAC from superbrightleds.

For my dome lights I used these in cool white.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...on_4410-x9.htm

For my courtesy lights I used these in cool white.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...2FWLED-xHP.htm

Unread 12-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #902
2005-TJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

how are those festoon 4410 - x9 in the domes? My buddy put them in his and they were noticeably dimmer than the regular halogen bulbs because they are not high power. They only come in the regular version.

How is the light out of that single LED in the floor lights? I see its a high power SMD. Are they brighter than the stock bulb?
2005-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #903
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
how are those festoon 4410 - x9 in the domes? My buddy put them in his and they were noticeably dimmer than the regular halogen bulbs because they are not high power. They only come in the regular version.

How is the light out of that single LED in the floor lights? I see its a high power SMD. Are they brighter than the stock bulb?
The courtesy lights to me are brighter than the stock, and the white light looks nice. The domes aren't as bright as the factory bulbs but it's still plenty enough light for me to see what I need to at night
Unread 01-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #904
2005-TJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally did LEDS this weekend...I went with the white for the dash which looks awesome and did the blue in the HVAC unit which I'm not too crazy about. The blue is an awesome color but is way different blue color than my pioneer HU. Think I'm gonna switch them out for white too
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #905
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Finally did LEDS this weekend...I went with the white for the dash which looks awesome and did the blue in the HVAC unit which I'm not too crazy about. The blue is an awesome color but is way different blue color than my pioneer HU. Think I'm gonna switch them out for white too
did you do every bulb possible?

im just trying to find a parts list that will make it easy for me to order.

I want to do all white.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #906
2005-TJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i did the 5 bulbs in the cluster and the 3 in my HVAC unit. your HVAC unit will still light up blue even with white bulbs because of the film in the unit.

I used (5) 74-xHP3 in white for my cluster -and- (3) NEOx-xHP for my HVAC from superbrightleds.com
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #907
2005-TJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLearn View Post
did you do every bulb possible?

im just trying to find a parts list that will make it easy for me to order.

I want to do all white.
do you have the HVAC unit with the slides or the knobs? If you have the slides which I think you do then you will use different bulbs
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #908
toxikmo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did anyone have issues with the HVAC (the ones with the dials ) I replaced mine with LEDs from superbrightled and they are all bright and give off a good light spread exept the dial on the right it is only bright on the right side of it and the left side get very little light. It's driving me nuts. I have tried to rotate it but it did not help... I want an even light spread. What should I do?
toxikmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #909
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikmo View Post
Did anyone have issues with the HVAC (the ones with the dials ) I replaced mine with LEDs from superbrightled and they are all bright and give off a good light spread exept the dial on the right it is only bright on the right side of it and the left side get very little light. It's driving me nuts. I have tried to rotate it but it did not help... I want an even light spread. What should I do?
I would have thought that the bulb is in wrong. Mine did the same thing and I had to take it out, turn it around and then everything lit up evenly. Make sure to verify that the bulb is indeed lighting up.
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #910
2005-TJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

the think the HVAC bulbs are polarized so it doesnt matter which way you put them in. If you have a dark spot it sounds to me that one of your bulbs are not lighting which would cause only partial lighting from the bulb before it in the unit. I know I had to really turn mine for them to light...the superbrighled bulbs are alot tighter in the socket than the factory bulbs were. I would pull the unit and see if they are all lighting
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #911
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
the think the HVAC bulbs are polarized so it doesnt matter which way you put them in. If you have a dark spot it sounds to me that one of your bulbs are not lighting which would cause only partial lighting from the bulb before it in the unit. I know I had to really turn mine for them to light...the superbrighled bulbs are alot tighter in the socket than the factory bulbs were. I would pull the unit and see if they are all lighting
Ha, that's probably the issue I was having, not that it was in backwards, but that it wasn't in tight enough. They are a much tighter fit than the factory bulbs.
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #912
MARKCORE
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just found what I'm doing next weekend! Thanks!!!
MARKCORE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #913
shib555
2009 JK Wrangler 

I was looking at SuperbrightLeds.com to replace my taillights. Can anyone recommend what bulb they went with. I dont want to buy a bulb that winds up not being bright enough, but I also did not want to spend 25 per bulb if I did not have too.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...%2Fspecs%2F115 x-x45-T.htm
shib555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #914
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just finished my install of the blue led bulbs

wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #915
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Can you get those in like an Orange color?
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.