Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster LED Install

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #796
jaek
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedJeep View Post
Maybe they had a difficult time understanding you without the correct capitalization spelling and punctuation you know it's very difficult to follow a conversation that rambles on an on and on without any breaks or pauses it makes it very hard to understand your sentenced and the points you are to convey to the reader eventually the ready just gives up and says yes to anything you type.

All the information you needed to order the correct lights is in this thread. Repeated several times, in fact.

Sent from the Internet. duh.

PS, I ordered from them as well, and it was a 100% solid experience.

jaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #797
SaharaGB
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes from an I phone,
Thank you to the Internet grammar police.
Good lord.
Fact is, they have no one to talk to, just like business the old fashioned way I guess. Glad you guys have had no problems, I sure did
Unread 06-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #798
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X

Lol. And the info is repeated on 80+ pages. I still find it hard that people still order the wrong leds.
^this. :
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #799
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

OP great detailed write up subscribed for future project
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #800
Hosep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great write up way easier then I first thought. Did mine yesterday, had to go back at night to make really see how it looked. I did have to go back in and fiddle with a couple LEDs that were not lite up, contacts were not touching. I like the way it looks but the needles don't really light up cuz they are orange. thoughts?
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #801
ackmaui
2014 JK Wrangler 

What a great write up! I have ordered the blue ones and will post pics when I am done installing them.
ackmaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #802
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gotta do this one day. Also interested in the answer to the previous posters question about the needles. Do certain colors make the needles show up better?

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #803
Hosep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I did a little test run today on how to make my gauge needles more visual/light up with my blue lights. I have orange needles and with blue light makes a purple color which = can't see.
1. So i took my gauge cluster out again today and took it apart so I could get to my needles.
2. I ended up taking off the temp needle for this test. I used a flat head screw driver and gently popped the needle off.
3. Then I took the black little cover off the needle so I could get to all of the orange on the needle.
4. Next I took my knife and carefully scrapped off the orange off the needle.
5. After that I took my white touch-up paint I had and painted the needle where the orange had been and let it dry.
6. Since the gauge still had some tention on it when i took the needle off the only way to get it set right/close enough was to plug in the cluster and start the jeep back up and let it get to normal operating temp which is around 210. So after i let it get good and warm i reinstalled the needle so it was pointing at 210.

I just had to wait until it got dark out to see if it worked and here is what i got. the needle is way brighter!!!
\

I know that I can do the same to the oil, battery and gas gauges. mark where the needles sit when you have power to the cluster so you can put them back to the same spot when you are done but I dont want to touch the speed or rpm until I know this answer. is the post for the needle flatened on one side like a climate control knob so you can only place it back on one way?
Unread 08-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #804
ArtP71
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the write up...just finished mine!
forumrunner_20110820_212020.jpg  
Unread 08-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #805
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great. both of yours. I have to decide what color to do mine. The Rubi is red, so I would be tempted to go red, but my head unit is blue.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #806
bluetj97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

leds

hey i was viewing your post and the link to the lights to order could not be found can u send the link please or tell me the part number?
thanks keep jeepin!
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #807
amanscorned
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I also upgraded

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterO View Post
There ya go!! thats the jeepin attitude!
good luck with it, Oh btw i also threw in two of the same LEDs into the a/c-Heat control knobs and came up with this.. and they are the same bulbs since you wanted to know...

I wonder if i can change the bulbs in my stock cd player since those are the only green ones left.. although i do need a new head unit maybe ill go for one that puts out blue for the blue theme... lol
After reading your post I upgraded on my 2002 but I cant figure out how to remove the bulbs from the hvac control mine are just little blac round circles on the back with a flat head screw driver slot on the back
amanscorned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #808
laxin15
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Alright im real impressed with my lights i like em a lot. My only question is on the stock bulbs when u remove them they have like an elastic covering or boot on them that you can take off, im not sure if anyone has replied to this before or asked it, but do u have to take them off and put them on the new leds? was just wondering might be a stupid question lol
laxin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #809
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxin15
Alright im real impressed with my lights i like em a lot. My only question is on the stock bulbs when u remove them they have like an elastic covering or boot on them that you can take off, im not sure if anyone has replied to this before or asked it, but do u have to take them off and put them on the new leds? was just wondering might be a stupid question lol
I did not use the boot/covers when I did mine. IIRC, some aftermarket gauge overlays tell you to remove them to make the stock bulbs brighter
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #810
laxin15
2006 TJ Wrangler 

awesome thanks!!
laxin15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.