Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster LED Install

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #61
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauersmom View Post
just to clear things up. the dash bulb number is 74. you will need 4 bulbs, 5 if you want to change your high beam indicator you can get whichever ones you want, single led, tri led, bajillion led. i personally think the tri led is brighter and better.

myrddin, those vleds you are looking at are sold in pairs, so the 6.99 ones are not that bad of a price.
not trying to argue with you but for mine you need five... and no the fifth is not for the high beams..
high beams is top one.. and the brown one is the fifth that i changed.. (correct me if im confused again)

MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #62
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmapes View Post
Hey thanks 97TJdriver! This post is the best LED install post out there!!! I have a red XJ and was thinking about red LED's for the guages, what do you guys think?
your very welcome. im glad i was able to help some peoples out..
Good luck with your install and red would look awesome!!
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #63
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

So today I took my gauge cluster out to count the number of bulbs, and I need 5. I have a question though. In my 1992 Jeep Cherokee, the bulbs that are currently there don't actually light up from the back, they more put a glow around the edges. The bulbs also look to be bigger than the 74, I'm thinking like the 194?? So what bulb would you recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is what my gauge clusters look like:

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #64
TJMunky
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i personally likew the red green and orange leds for this project. not all mixedf together but all one color the blue tends to be way too bright and puts me to sleep on long drives. got half way through a a 700 mile trip to my bothters stopped at a gas station and pulled the blue ones out threw in the red ones and stopped being tired. but they all look great.
NIGHTCREW (RIP 01/28/09 - 07/22/09) #135
SILVER JEEP CLUB #120
TJMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #65
TJMunky
2005 TJ Wrangler 

and actually its 6 if you want to change the high beam indicator. im pretty sure of that anyway.
NIGHTCREW (RIP 01/28/09 - 07/22/09) #135
SILVER JEEP CLUB #120
TJMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #66
ImNotStuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Has anyone got pics yet of this done on the knob style heater contol units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRED99 View Post
I really have nothing in common with majority of you losers to be honest with you, is there an avator in here??? I would love to be deleted from Jeepforum as I drive an Audi now. Thank you and goodbye...
ImNotStuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #67
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Thanks for the click free!

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 04-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #68
jeeperz22
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey for those of you wanting pics of the blue next to a pioneer deck and the model number, i will have to look that up and get some pics from home sent to me. At college so i dont have the Jeep at hand, but ill work on it.
jeeperz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 06:13 AM   #69
myrddin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box100s View Post
i personally likew the red green and orange leds for this project. not all mixedf together but all one color the blue tends to be way too bright and puts me to sleep on long drives. got half way through a a 700 mile trip to my bothters stopped at a gas station and pulled the blue ones out threw in the red ones and stopped being tired. but they all look great.
Cant you dim the lights?
myrddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #70
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Great write up, the LED's do look really good.

Does anyone know if you can hook this up with a YJ?
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #71
ayeohellucks
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed these LEDs in red. I got the cheaper ones, and I have to say they aren't very bright. Maybe its because the red doesn't show up well, or cause they are not the tri leds. They don't dim much at all, and honestly I'm thinking of going back to stock or trying a different kind. No pics just yet, maybe later tonight.

Also, these LEDs don't fit in the HVAC knob controls.
ayeohellucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #72
jackbauersmom
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJdriver View Post
not trying to argue with you but for mine you need five... and no the fifth is not for the high beams..
high beams is top one.. and the brown one is the fifth that i changed.. (correct me if im confused again)
you probably are right, it has been awhile since i did this. i just remember i didn't change the high beam. so 5 it is!

indyORV
treadlightly
jackbauersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #73
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

does anybody know how to change the color for the auto trans? I'd like to go blue instead of green.
Stoked99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #74
jeeperz22
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I did mine in the HVAC and they worked out just fine. I also used the cheaper of the bulbs i found that the were just the right brightness, however i couldn't get them to dim much. Still working on the pics, hope to get some tonight or tomorrow for you guys.
jeeperz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #75
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

So it sounds like maybe the cheaper bulbs will be bright enough if I am going to use a different color such as white or blue??

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.