Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster LED Install

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #706
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Mehhhh!

'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #707
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
Here are some night time pics. More pics in my build thread!
I figured out why I like yours better! The font on your gauges is different. Mine is smaller, and thinner. Yours are big thick numbers and letters. I've also noticed the back of your gauge cluster is different than mine. Most of my bulbs are accessible in the back where yours are covered by plastic. Weird. I didn't think they'd be that different between 1999-2003.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #708
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Love this idea. Fantastic detailed writeup. Bravo.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #709
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
I figured out why I like yours better! The font on your gauges is different. Mine is smaller, and thinner. Yours are big thick numbers and letters. I've also noticed the back of your gauge cluster is different than mine. Most of my bulbs are accessible in the back where yours are covered by plastic. Weird. I didn't think they'd be that different between 1999-2003.
I think they changed the cluster look in 02?
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #710
TheDirtyGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolenbmx View Post
Positive, I tried the same bulbs as the other gauges and when it didn't work I tried one from the h ac controls
Its a 658 size bulb... just find the equivalent if that on whatever website you're using!
Unread 04-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #711
cfdkoster2
2003 TJ Wrangler 

great write up i did the same but now my rocker switches are still green and everything else is blue. anybody know off hand what size bulbs are in the switches? (for the rear defrost and rear wipers) im trying to read through all 50 pages but it takes awhile
cfdkoster2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #712
TheDirtyGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfdkoster2 View Post
great write up i did the same but now my rocker switches are still green and everything else is blue. anybody know off hand what size bulbs are in the switches? (for the rear defrost and rear wipers) im trying to read through all 50 pages but it takes awhile
autolumination.com type a and type b

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

scroll down till you see the chart with type a, b, and c
Unread 04-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #713
cfdkoster2
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPowellJeep View Post
autolumination.com type a and type b
thanks
cfdkoster2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #714
Stolenbmx
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPowellJeep

Its a 658 size bulb... just find the equivalent if that on whatever website you're using!
For the manual transmission shift light? It's the same size socket in the gauge cluster
Stolenbmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #715
TheDirtyGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolenbmx View Post
For the manual transmission shift light? It's the same size socket in the gauge cluster
Woops thought you meant the auto shift light indicator
Unread 04-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #716
Stolenbmx
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPowellJeep

Woops thought you meant the auto shift light indicator
It's ok, if anyone knows why it might not be working please let me know
Unread 04-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #717
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone happen to know if the turn signal indicators take a different size bulb that the rest of the gauge on a 98 TJ??? After fiddling with the gauge lights today for 45 min to get them all to work, I still couldn't get the flasher indicators to work. I tried every different position, checked them in other locations and still couldn't get them to work. I bought x7 74 tri leds from superbrightleds.com.
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #718
Stolenbmx
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnbar
Anyone happen to know if the turn signal indicators take a different size bulb that the rest of the gauge on a 98 TJ??? After fiddling with the gauge lights today for 45 min to get them all to work, I still couldn't get the flasher indicators to work. I tried every different position, checked them in other locations and still couldn't get them to work. I bought x7 74 tri leds from superbrightleds.com.
That's the same size bulb I'm having problems with when I'm changing the shift light
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #719
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

First time I've really driven mine in the dark since I installed my blue LED's, and it's really evident now that the blue gauges don't match the blue HVAC controls The gauges are more of a teal and the HVAC is more of a deep blue.
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #720
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
First time I've really driven mine in the dark since I installed my blue LED's, and it's really evident now that the blue gauges don't match the blue HVAC controls The gauges are more of a teal and the HVAC is more of a deep blue.
I'm surprise they dont match. Mine match perfect. Its a true blue.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.