Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster LED Install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #346
ET48
1986 CJ7 

I already tried removing the film from the slider control panel. Not possible without a new decal applicque. The green is part of the black applicque. Not seperate film like it is on the newer dial controls.

If you can get it to come off, let me know.....

ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #347
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystangt View Post
I cant seem to find anyone whos done the super white color. Im planning to do mine this week but want to double check that white is the way.

I have a 97 so with slider HVAC controls amd i was wondering how the white bulbs illiuminated through the hvac controls. Do I have the green film like the newer TJs or not?

Pics would be awesome!

There are some good pics earlier in the thread. It really looks nice...
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #348
crypticXJ88
1988 XJ Cherokee 

is it possible to do this on an 88 xj?
crypticXJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #349
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quick question...
I've installed amber bulbs in my guages. I'm wanting to exchange the remaining lights on my jeep to LED style. I need part/bulb numbers for the following on my 2006 TJ;

HVAC- 3knob style controls
Dome lights in speaker pods
Footwell lights under dash
Outside parking lamps-front turn and side marker signals
Brake/parking lamps
Reverse lamps.

And the flasher part number

Thanks guys.
Unread 02-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #350
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowismellow View Post
Quick question...
I've installed amber bulbs in my guages. I'm wanting to exchange the remaining lights on my jeep to LED style. I need part/bulb numbers for the following on my 2006 TJ;

HVAC- 3knob style controls
Dome lights in speaker pods
Footwell lights under dash
Outside parking lamps-front turn and side marker signals
Brake/parking lamps
Reverse lamps.

And the flasher part number

Thanks guys.
For the outside lights, you'll have to look through the thread--it's not that long and the info. is there.

For the inside lights, same thing-read the info. OR I have all the inside part #s listed in my build thread on pages 6 & 7.
Unread 02-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #351
ninemili22TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know the numbers for the courtesy lights and stuff?
Unread 02-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #352
SkylinesSuck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got the 3 LED bulbs in the slider HVAC controls (2 bulbs). I can see the light coming through now, but it's still not very bright. I can't really see anything other than where the controls are (can't see what the settings actually are, but I know where to reach for them). I'll be on the look out for brighter red bulbs or just red incandescent bulbs to replace them, but I'll leave them in place until I find something.
Unread 02-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #353
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

ugh.. i went to change the lights out last night and realized my battery is dead. i was flipping out when none of the lights were coming on. it pissed me off because 10 minutes before that i just picked it up from a shop getting the last of repairs done on it from the *******s that stole it, and it ran fine. apparently they had been charging it there cus it wouldnt start and they didnt tell me.
Unread 02-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #354
BigJake87
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylinesSuck View Post
Finally got the 3 LED bulbs in the slider HVAC controls (2 bulbs). I can see the light coming through now, but it's still not very bright. I can't really see anything other than where the controls are (can't see what the settings actually are, but I know where to reach for them). I'll be on the look out for brighter red bulbs or just red incandescent bulbs to replace them, but I'll leave them in place until I find something.
i dont know how much work you really want to do but i remember reading somewhere how someone went to discount auto and bought a 4" led strip and mounted it inside the hvac housing.
BigJake87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #355
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
For the outside lights, you'll have to look through the thread--it's not that long and the info. is there.

For the inside lights, same thing-read the info. OR I have all the inside part #s listed in my build thread on pages 6 & 7.
Thanks razorbac for SOME help. Ill look into your build thread when I'm home from work. As far as searching, I actually am working and don't have tons of time to be on the forum. I thought maybe a nice fellow jeeper that knows the info would chime in, rather than people that know where the info is, just to tell people to search for it. Sorry some of us work. Maybe someone with a little more free time could help me? I'm looking for the part numbers for all bulbs except the guage bulbs for a 2006 TJ. Thanks in advance for searching for me to whomever finds the info.
Unread 02-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #356
JeepMan95ZJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydog78 View Post
You know how your not suppose to have blue or red lights as underglow for your car?
Well, since the blue LEDs are so bright, is it still okay to have them in your gauges without getting the cops mad??

just wondering
Well, your not suppost to have any color underglow on your car. At least not while driving. But it can be any color as long as your parked
JeepMan95ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #357
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks razorbac for SOME help. Ill look into your build thread when I'm home from work. As far as searching, I actually am working and don't have tons of time to be on the forum. I thought maybe a nice fellow jeeper that knows the info would chime in, rather than people that know where the info is, just to tell people to search for it. Sorry some of us work. Maybe someone with a little more free time could help me? I'm looking for the part numbers for all bulbs except the guage bulbs for a 2006 TJ. Thanks in advance for searching for me to whomever finds the info.
Most people on here DO work, we just don't expect someone to spoon-feed us because of it. My comments were to direct you to where you could find the information frankly because I've DONE the research and found the part numbers myself, then posted on the forum so others could use the information. What makes you think that I should spend the time to go back through this thread to look up some information for you while I'M working instead of showing you where you can look up the information yourself.

I doubt if anyone has the part numbers memorized. However, a lot of guys have posted step by step install directions with part numbers from both V-LEDs and Superbrightleds.com to make the info. available in this thread. Hell, I even posted pictures of the packages the bulbs come in to make it easier for people to order them. In the time it took you to ***** about having to look it up yourself, you could've found it.

No one told you to do a search or anything like that. You were given SPECIFIC information to help you find the information you wanted. I did so, then I went back to work.
Unread 02-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #358
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I plan to replace all of the light bulbs on my Jeep with LEDs.

Has anyone tried the 5 LED #74 replacements for the dash?

Is there any option for the headlights other than the TruckLites for $300 a bulb?

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #359
Ktjex
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great thread! Thanks to all who have posted and listed part numbers. Just finished the red LED install for gauges, single LED. They look good and I can still dim.
http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...y/5d494659.jpg
this first pic is dimmed down all the way. You u can see some "dull" areas.

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...y/c61b43ab.jpg
this is all the way up. Notice the "dull" spot is gone. Also, those white areas aren't really there. Don't know how else to explain it, trick of the camera or something. Love it.

For those who got the 194s for tranny and HVAC knobs, what was the price and what exact type bulb? There are several on the site.
Ktjex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #360
SkylinesSuck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As far as searching, I actually am working and don't have tons of time to be on the forum. I thought maybe a nice fellow jeeper that knows the info would chime in, rather than people that know where the info is, just to tell people to search for it. Sorry some of us work. Maybe someone with a little more free time could help me? I'm looking for the part numbers for all bulbs except the guage bulbs for a 2006 TJ. Thanks in advance for searching for me to whomever finds the info.
Wow dude, let me get one thing real clear. Your time isn't worth ANY more than rest of ours. While you are at your oh so important job, do you stand up in the middle of the room and say "I know the answers are right here in this 10 page pamphlet, but my time is too important to waste on looking it up. Will somebody do it for me?" ***EDIT*** I just looked up your occupation in "custodial arts" (janitor I believe?). I can see how your time is so crucial and can't be wasted. How about I drop everything I'm doing with my job (Air Traffic Controller since you fail at searching) to READ THE THREAD FOR YOU so you don't have to waste your precious time. How the hell can you be this lazy as well as self righteous and be into jeeps? If you have so little time, when the hell do you expect to install these light bulbs? How about this. I read through the pages in this thread and there is a list that took me 2 freaking clicks to find.

Quote:
5 in blue for the dash
3 twist loc bulbs in blue for the HVAC
2 Festoon Bulb in blue for the dome lights
2 - Dual Contact and Dual Intensity in red for the brake lights
2 - Single Contact and Single Intensity in white for the reverse lights
2 wedge bulbs in amber for the front turn signals
2 Wedge Base bulbs in amber for the side markers
3 (Dbl check size when ordering, not sure which I used?) twist loc bulbs in blue for the lower bulbs in the toggle switches
2 twist loc bulbs in blue for the upper bulbs in the toggle switches

Maybe having that quoted that will give you an idea of what to look for and you won't have to waste so much of your time.

Last edited by SkylinesSuck; 02-06-2010 at 07:58 AM..
SkylinesSuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.