Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster LED Install

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #181
TeeFaust
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a dark spot in mine. I put in the blue tri-LED's today and they look cool except for the one that doesn't light up. I've tried putting it in both ways and it still doesn't light up. Any suggestions?

Silver Jeep Club #89
TeeFaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #182
TeeFaust
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nevermind, I fixed it. It seems that you can push the LED light too far into the socket it goes into. I just backed it out a little and now it works fine. I would post a pic but it turned out too blurry.
Silver Jeep Club #89
TeeFaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #183
panheadbuck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

1999 Wrangler HVAC lights

Can anyone tell me what type of lights I need for the HVAC for a 1999 Wrangler? I thought they were the same as the dash but no, I was wrong. The dash looks sweet, but now the HVAC looks lame.
panheadbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #184
pmccoy9876
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just did the HVAC and gauges, used the same lights for both. Mine turned out really good. Although, I did completely lose the dim function, but I don't really care about that. I'll post up a pic in a day or so.

Edit: I've got a 97 TJ, so I believe that our stuff should be the same.
Are you insane? Do you have any idea how many slip-and-fall accidents are caused by carelessly discarded banana peels? This is a crime of Vaudevillian proportions and must not be tolerated in a civilized society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCJ2A View Post
I have no input of any value to this thread but those are awesome.
'No Solution' Build Thread
pmccoy9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #185
panheadbuck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I would think a 97 would be comparable. pics would be great. I got the HVAC cover off after doing the dash and the lights just looked like they wouldn't take the LEDs that the dash took.
Unread 05-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #186
phyrefighter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

question... does the 2006 TJ have a light on the transmission shifter (4L 4H, etc)
Unread 05-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #187
pmccoy9876
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by panheadbuck View Post
Yeah I would think a 97 would be comparable. pics would be great. I got the HVAC cover off after doing the dash and the lights just looked like they wouldn't take the LEDs that the dash took.
Ok, had a heck of a time getting these on photobucket for some reason.

Installed these about 3 days ago, they've worked well so far. And I used the same bulbs in the gauges as I did in the HVAC, but the lights that came out of the HVAC were different than the gauge lights, so don't worry about that.

If you need any other pics, feel free to ask.

Oh, and don't mind the left turn signal, that's something else that I need to fix (along with my resistor for the blower motor.)
Are you insane? Do you have any idea how many slip-and-fall accidents are caused by carelessly discarded banana peels? This is a crime of Vaudevillian proportions and must not be tolerated in a civilized society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCJ2A View Post
I have no input of any value to this thread but those are awesome.
'No Solution' Build Thread
pmccoy9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #188
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

really cool but the gloves are kinda creepy
Unread 05-12-2009, 05:08 AM   #189
ET48
1986 CJ7 

Alright guys,
I took the little bulbs covers off of my stock bulbs behind the cluster and it makes the dash look the color spice like my interior, I really like it and won't change to LEDs. I went to take the covers off of the HVAC controls (slider) but there were none on the bulbs, yet the controls stay factory green color. How do I get the green out of the HVAC controls please?
ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #190
wagonman_1
2012 JK Wrangler 

ok so i did the guages in red on my '03 tj and the turned out great. went to do the hvac controls and the red doesnt even show through. there is some sort of inpenetrable sticky film on there that is darn near impossible to get off and look clean, any suggetstions.
wagonman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #191
panheadbuck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccoy9876 View Post
Ok, had a heck of a time getting these on photobucket for some reason.

Installed these about 3 days ago, they've worked well so far. And I used the same bulbs in the gauges as I did in the HVAC, but the lights that came out of the HVAC were different than the gauge lights, so don't worry about that.

If you need any other pics, feel free to ask.

Oh, and don't mind the left turn signal, that's something else that I need to fix (along with my resistor for the blower motor.)
So my 99 has three knobs at the HVAC so I think it's different...I'll have to try out the LEDs again but I'm pretty sure it's different...thanks

"Like a midget at a urinal, I'm gonna have to stay on my toes."
Unread 05-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #192
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET48 View Post
Alright guys,
I took the little bulbs covers off of my stock bulbs behind the cluster and it makes the dash look the color spice like my interior, I really like it and won't change to LEDs. I went to take the covers off of the HVAC controls (slider) but there were none on the bulbs, yet the controls stay factory green color. How do I get the green out of the HVAC controls please?
do you have pics of what yours? I don't really get what yours looks like, thanks
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #193
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

does anybody have pics of amber?
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #194
panheadbuck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So my HVAC bulbs are definitely different than my dash bulbs...I've got a 99 wrangler with the three knobs....anyone know what bulb type they would be? I'm too picky to have my dash look sweet with the blue and then the HVAC the blah yellowish/greenish color!

Unread 05-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #195
panheadbuck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

pmccoy9876: Did your HVAC bulbs have a flat, black back to them? Tiny little bulbs that look basically like a regular bulb miniaturized? I'd put a pic up of mine but my camera is on the fritz and getting worked on at the moment. Thanks for your help!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.