Gauge Cluster LED Install - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster LED Install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #136
all_clear
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryLeprachaun View Post
just so im clear, the auto shifter is the same bulb as the cluster, correct?

No mine isn't its a bigger bulb then the dash cluster lights. I tried to get my 6th led to go in and work and it doesnt make enough contact.

all_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #137
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I put in some Ultra Violet bulbs yesterday. I'll post pics later. I gotta post some pictures of my chopped up front fenders too. lots of "little" mods this weekend.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #138
corndogduff

ok so i did some searchin through the FSM and the auto trans bulb is a 194

i just ordered all my LED's on priority shipping, pics when they are done
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #139
jtehren
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got a set of the cheapest ones in red. They're not bright enough and kind of pinkish. I also put 2 in for the ac slider control panel and you can barely see it. Idk if there was a film or something to take off or just insert the bulbs. Anyone know if the more expensive bulbs in red work better? Thanks. Will get pics soon too
jtehren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #140
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok here are some pics. Ended up cutting out another piece of white paper and laminating it with two pieces of packing tape. Worked well and slid right in. Here are some pics of everything lit up.

and for the shifter, my camera really didn't pick it up very well, but like I said it's more blue-green. Once my new LED's come in I'll take some more pics.

Overall I love them. They really do show up a lot better in person...maybe I just need a different camera setting
Stoked99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #141
DARKBLUETJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely go with the tri-leds. Due to their design, they have a wider range of beam, which means a more even and uniform glow. Also, the dimming feature should work better with the tris than the singles, because the single leds dont draw enough power in the first place to make the dimming resistor effective. Tri-Leds draw 3 times as much power than singles, so the dimming resistor should work better.

Just so I'm clear:
for an 04 tj
I need:
5 #74 bulbs (Gauge Cluster)
2 #t-4 bulbs (HVAC)
1 #194 bulb (shifter)

did I get anything wrong?

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--O-)_)
DARKBLUETJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #142
all_clear
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKBLUETJ View Post
Definitely go with the tri-leds. Due to their design, they have a wider range of beam, which means a more even and uniform glow. Also, the dimming feature should work better with the tris than the singles, because the single leds dont draw enough power in the first place to make the dimming resistor effective. Tri-Leds draw 3 times as much power than singles, so the dimming resistor should work better.

Just so I'm clear:
for an 04 tj
I need:
5 #74 bulbs (Gauge Cluster)
2 #t-4 bulbs (HVAC)
1 #194 bulb (shifter)

did I get anything wrong?
I have an 04 and the HVAC has 3 bulbs, thats if your not going to do the O/D switch. But everything else looks right.

I got the blue 3 bulb and my dimmer works its not like incandescent bulbs but it shouldn't be expected to be...
all_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #143
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

anyone know where to get white needles i have a 03 with the red needles and they do not show up very well with blue leds i did a search but didnt turn up much
SOLD 03 Rubicon , nv 3550 ,4'' RC lift ,1'' RC MM lift, 1.25'' body lift, HD rear bumper, hummer snorkel cap with buick airbox and custom piping, 265/75 r 16 tread wright retread mud tires on stock rubicon wheels, smitty built 8k winch, cobra cb radio, rrc front bumper, pre-runner rear bumper, HID headlights in Hella housings
rubicon1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #144
GoldenP51
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon1000 View Post
anyone know where to get white needles i have a 03 with the red needles and they do not show up very well with blue leds i did a search but didnt turn up much
I saw on ebay some gauge needle paint...but I wouldn't do that because adding the weight to the needles will probably screw up their readings. Mine don't show up all that well either with the blue LEDs...I've been thinking about switching out to white because of it.
GoldenP51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 06:23 AM   #145
Jeep25
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I did the white lights last night.

Not sure if it's a common problem, but really had to work on them for all 5 to work. Needed to pull out the wires on the lights to make better contact with the plugs.

Otherwise it looks great. The whites are very white and make the factory look yellowish and dull.
Jeep25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #146
LordBronz
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Can anyone tell me how many and what type tri-led red LEDs I need to a 94 XJ?
Unread 04-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #147
corndogduff

i did my cluster and the shifter today, it looks f'ing killer!

o and i put the extra #194 array that came with the one for the shifter in the soundbar... blue illumination for the back looks SICK! gonna install the HVAC bulbs tomorrow and order more for the footwell lights, gonna look way cool

and no, im not a mallcrawler, girls just like this stuff for some reason
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 02:11 AM   #148
GoldenP51
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryLeprachaun View Post
i did my cluster and the shifter today, it looks f'ing killer!

o and i put the extra #194 array that came with the one for the shifter in the soundbar... blue illumination for the back looks SICK! gonna install the HVAC bulbs tomorrow and order more for the footwell lights, gonna look way cool

and no, im not a mallcrawler, girls just like this stuff for some reason
PICS!

10 charac
GoldenP51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #149
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

here are some ULTRA VIOLET LED's. Sorry for the blurry pic.

WOW.... I didn't realize how ****ty the picture actually was. Sorry about that.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #150
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

i see a ghost
SOLD 03 Rubicon , nv 3550 ,4'' RC lift ,1'' RC MM lift, 1.25'' body lift, HD rear bumper, hummer snorkel cap with buick airbox and custom piping, 265/75 r 16 tread wright retread mud tires on stock rubicon wheels, smitty built 8k winch, cobra cb radio, rrc front bumper, pre-runner rear bumper, HID headlights in Hella housings
rubicon1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.