Gas line question? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gas line question?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
mtber7828
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Gas line question?

I am getting ready to drop my tank on my 97'tj. I noticed 2 lines coming out of the top of the tank running along the driver side frame. One line seems to be stainless, the other is steel and rusted very badly. I would like to change the rusted line. What is this rusted line? Why wouldn't they put 2 stainless lines on? it seems to be rusted so bad its broken but I don't see any gas leaking out of it. Whats my best option for going about this and changing? Thank you for your time.

mtber7828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

do you have a check engine light on ? that rusted line could be an evap system line
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
mtber7828
1997 TJ Wrangler 

no check light on. im getting my rear done so I seen the rust, I figured id drop the tank and replace lines. for piece of mind
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fuel line is stainless, evap line is the rusty one. The fuel pump repair write up on daily driven TJ is worth a look if you've not dropped the tank before.
DailyDrivenTJ-Fuel Pump Repair

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
mtber7828
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
Fuel line is stainless, evap line is the rusty one. The fuel pump repair write up on daily driven TJ is worth a look if you've not dropped the tank before.
DailyDrivenTJ-Fuel Pump Repair
Wow!! Thanks johnny jeep, that summed it up right there. Thanks gain
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
mtber7828
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got the tank dropped, not too bad, one bolt on the back near bumper spun so I had to carefully zip cut it off. came down ok, gooseneck was a lil difficult to get through the frame and body. although this was my first time...I hope it goes back up easily

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.