Gas getting into my oil - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Gas getting into my oil

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Felber
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Gas getting into my oil

Somehow gas keeps getting in my oil. I recently just changed my oil a few hundred miles ago and it already smells strong of gas. Also the oil level is now high. I removed the fuel rail looking for a leaking injector but could not find one. I don't know what to do, maybe buy all new injectors? My jeep is a 99 wrangler with the 4.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Felber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a bad fuel pressure regulator.
Unread 01-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Terdar
2006 LJ Wrangler 

How do your plugs look? See if one is fouled.
Terdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The most common way for fuel to get into the oil is past the rings. You could have excessive wear or some other sort of piston damage. I recommend a compression test as the first step to see if one cylinder is worse than the others.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Felber
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I don't see a pressure regulator. Also i just replace the plugs, wires, distributor, and rotor hopping it would fix the problem but it didnt. Also i hate to think that it has bad rings since it only has 100k miles.
Felber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
JBD

intake manifold gasket
JBD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.