full width. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > full width.

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #16
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asknight View Post
He's going to have an extremely short rear driveshaft with that C6.

I hope the pinion angle is good and not much articulation is hoped for.
Couldn't he use a Dana 20 transfer case? If so, wouldn't that be quite a bit shorter than the NP231?

edit: The OP has an Unlimited. I would think he would be fine with the NP231.

Border Dave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #17
jagular7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Swap bodies. Keep the frame, running driveline, and axles all under the Ford frame. Put your Jeep body on that. Trim the rear wells for the wheelbase. Sell off the Bronco body for parts for other and probably make back your initial cost.

The Ford frame is much stiffer. The driveline can handle itself as proven it is still running together. Modify the stock radius arms for articulation with extending them as well as putting a rod end on the end. Have fun with it.
The wheelbase of the Bronco is in line with a CJ6/8 length.

Jagular
Lnxa, KS
97 TJ SE lifted, locked and rubbered for fun
94 YJ SE stock, 225s, Trail Tested
jagular7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #18
remery829
2007 JK Wrangler 

i have the same wheelbase as a cj8 and the nv241 t case, but i don't know if i'm going this route anymore after finding out about the radius arm d44. it would take to much work to put it under the jeep. i'll probably just wait around until a f250 comes up for sale around here for cheap

[CENTER][B]vvvthis is what they don't tell you about LCGvvv[/B][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=]...I went with the lcg method but its never ending be because once you fix one thing something else breaks or needs upgrading...[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][U][COLOR="yellow"]SUPPORT OUR TROOPS[/COLOR][/U][/B][/CENTER]
[URL="http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1283292679-9a7df2f9eebd07dc48f628e4fb5cbc1881910fd4"]City Profile[/URL]
remery829 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #19
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you could find a Supercab F150 they have the leaf sprung HPD44 in the front as well. That's what mine is.

Tags
bronco , full width , tj , wrangler , swap , axle , motor , engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.